Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

Job here travellers considered

indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=dc2d6f772bc4f869&from=recjob&prevUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fie.indeed.com%2Fm%2Frecommended%3Ffrom%3Dmobhomepage%26mobtk%3D1d1f9t3ad9vlh800

• Registered Users Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Reading news stories the last couple of weeks just shows why Casey got so many votes.

And he didn't even touch on their criminality.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭893bet

MTBD wrote: »
    Yes....there is absolutely nothing unusual about 0.67 of the population representing 22% of the imprisoned people in the country.
    ?

That’s some stat! Wow

A very unlucky family.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/family-quit-190000-car-accident-claim-after-barristers-examination-37724102.html

“Five members of a family who had claimed a total of €190,000 damages for car accident injuries abandoned their claims after a barrister’s interrogation.
    Driver David Joyce (34) had claimed his car was rear-ended at a T-junction on a back road from Ashbourne to Swords in June 2009.

But when Mr Joyce, of Wotton Bridge, The Ward, Ashbourne, Co Meath, stepped out of the witness box after detailed probing by John Martin, counsel for Liberty Insurance, he walked away from his €38,000 claim.

He was joined by co-claimants Wayne (32), Marie (31), and Tracy Joyce (36), all of the same address.

The fifth claimant, Roseann Joyce (29), of Morgan’s Place, Blanchardstown, Dublin, also abandoned her claim at the court’s lunch break.

All of them claimed they had suffered injuries when David Joyce’s car was allegedly rear-ended on June 13, 2009. “Or was it a month later on the 13th of July?” Mr Martin inquired. Some of Mr Joyce’s passengers had given that date in their claims.

Mr Joyce, a vehicle recovery driver and owner of the two-year-old BMW in which the claimants were travelling, was unable to recall but he thought it could have been July.

“And what time did this accident happen at?” Mr Martin continued.

Joyce said it was about 9.30pm. He said he could not recall if he told his doctor it happened at eight o’clock. On further questioning, he said it was dark but not pitch black.

“Dark but not pitch black at 9.30 on an evening only a few weeks from midsummer’s day?” Mr Martin said.

Mr Joyce said it was certainly dark by the time the whole thing was over. He added it was about 9.30 when he got out of his car and immediately called the emergency services.

“Two ambulances, two fire engines and gardaí turned up,” Mr Martin said. “A witness from the fire service will tell this court they received your alarm call at 10.40pm”. Mr Joyce replied: “OK.”

When told by Mr Martin that expert motor assessor Mark Nangle would tell the court there were no marks on either of the two cars to indicate even the slightest collision, Joyce said: “My car was undriveable.”

All of the Joyces had brought claims against motorist Mihail Creciun, of Abbeywood Avenue, Lucan, Co Dublin, who was a customer of Liberty Insurance.

Their recovery for damages was curtailed to €38,000 each under the court jurisdiction as it existed prior to being updated to €60,000 in 2014.”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

A very unlucky family.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/family-quit-190000-car-accident-claim-after-barristers-examination-37724102.html

“Five members of a family who had claimed a total of €190,000 damages for car accident injuries abandoned their claims after a barrister’s interrogation.
    Driver David Joyce (34) had claimed his car was rear-ended at a T-junction on a back road from Ashbourne to Swords in June 2009.

But when Mr Joyce, of Wotton Bridge, The Ward, Ashbourne, Co Meath, stepped out of the witness box after detailed probing by John Martin, counsel for Liberty Insurance, he walked away from his €38,000 claim.

He was joined by co-claimants Wayne (32), Marie (31), and Tracy Joyce (36), all of the same address.

The fifth claimant, Roseann Joyce (29), of Morgan’s Place, Blanchardstown, Dublin, also abandoned her claim at the court’s lunch break.

All of them claimed they had suffered injuries when David Joyce’s car was allegedly rear-ended on June 13, 2009. “Or was it a month later on the 13th of July?” Mr Martin inquired. Some of Mr Joyce’s passengers had given that date in their claims.

Mr Joyce, a vehicle recovery driver and owner of the two-year-old BMW in which the claimants were travelling, was unable to recall but he thought it could have been July.

“And what time did this accident happen at?” Mr Martin continued.

Joyce said it was about 9.30pm. He said he could not recall if he told his doctor it happened at eight o’clock. On further questioning, he said it was dark but not pitch black.

“Dark but not pitch black at 9.30 on an evening only a few weeks from midsummer’s day?” Mr Martin said.

Mr Joyce said it was certainly dark by the time the whole thing was over. He added it was about 9.30 when he got out of his car and immediately called the emergency services.

“Two ambulances, two fire engines and gardaí turned up,” Mr Martin said. “A witness from the fire service will tell this court they received your alarm call at 10.40pm”. Mr Joyce replied: “OK.”

When told by Mr Martin that expert motor assessor Mark Nangle would tell the court there were no marks on either of the two cars to indicate even the slightest collision, Joyce said: “My car was undriveable.”

All of the Joyces had brought claims against motorist Mihail Creciun, of Abbeywood Avenue, Lucan, Co Dublin, who was a customer of Liberty Insurance.

Their recovery for damages was curtailed to €38,000 each under the court jurisdiction as it existed prior to being updated to €60,000 in 2014.”

And the sad thing is that they can walk away from this claim but the insurance company (us motorists) still have to foot the bill for defending the case.

They should be stuck with costs in circumstances such as this and if the judge felt that they were lying...ahem....ahem...... and not merely confused, then they should face even more serious sanctions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

All you people who spend all day abusing travellers must have **** lives if you're jealous of travellers, it's almost as funny as the dole bashing threads.

You're a bunch of pathetic losers :)

Mod: Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I'm not sure why I'm still replying, must be bored.
    No thanks I'm grand annoying you :)

If that's all you're doing you won't be here long so work away.
    All you people who spend all day abusing travellers must have **** lives if you're jealous of travellers, it's almost as funny as the dole bashing threads.

So, traveller or on the dole? Or could you be both?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

AgH9mZHBau3yAs5EgCBzkW8e.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Jealous of living in filthy halting sites, jealous of poor education, infant mortality rates and a culture that's borderline barbarism?

Yeah we all wish we lived like that.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

BattleCorp wrote: »

I'll happily take a ban for this.

You are a gobsh1te who is not in touch with the real world. You must live in an ivory tower if you think we are jealous of travellers.

I for one am not a bit jealous, just fcuked up of them acting the bollix and making things sh1te for the rest of us.
    Worth quoting for its absolute truth. People are fed up of the criminality, the bigotry, homophobia, misogyny, animal cruelty, con-artistry and general scumbaggery of a very large proportion of the traveling community. Of course there are exceptions but the massive percentage of them incarcerated proves beyond doubt that they are an utter drain on society.

And we are expected to fund their leeching lifestyle.

People are also tired or the out-of-touch, removed from reality media and political classes accusing us (who pay for this shower) of being racists should we question any of it.

Can any of the deluded apologists give the rest of us one example of their so called “culture” that is worth preserving and/or beneficial to anyone??? Not a hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Is he still demonstrating his great knowledge of Irish life?

"I heard afterwards that he was in the Green Room and came over to Conor Nagle from Gill [publishers], going 'Are you Andy Lee?' Then he went to David McWilliams, 'Are you Andy Lee?'" - Andy Lee

Casey is a clown and a creep.

Ya, my next door neighbour told me this too, he heard it from a workmate whose wife's uncles brother-in-law drinks with a guy 'down the pub' that told him.
    Did you hear it 'down the pub' too or just making. it up to suit your narrative.
    Maybe Andy Lee should run for president next time and you can vote for him and that Jennifer ghoul can be his election agent.��

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

BattleCorp wrote: »
    And the sad thing is that they can walk away from this claim but the insurance company (us motorists) still have to foot the bill for defending the case.

They should be stuck with costs in circumstances such as this and if the judge felt that they were lying...ahem....ahem...... and not merely confused, then they should face even more serious sanctions.

The usual argument against such commonsense proposals is that they would have "a chilling effect" on the law, which basically means less people would sue so there'd be less work for lawyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

You're a bunch of pathetic losers.

Just telling the plain truth about this bunch of parasites, something our politicians will run a mile from, along with the likes of Tubridy and the vast majority of journalists.
    Casey spoke for me along with 342,000 others. He spoke the truth and more importantly,refused to back down when the PC brigade rounded on him.
    Election tally-men at the counts all state that the amount of no.2's he received was staggering.
    Luckily for the establishment, Michael D made it on the first count. A lesser candidate wouldn't have and the second count would've been really interesting.��

Welcome to boards.ie anyway.!!
    Sorry, just seen you've banned...����

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    The usual argument against such commonsense proposals is that they would have "a chilling effect" on the law, which basically means less people would sue so there'd be less work for lawyers.

Chilling effect on the law = "I might have to only change the 5 Series every 4 years instead of every two, go on only 2 holidays a year, and actually take some real cases"

Jaysus, banned for the second time in a week.

I predict a swift return.

Obviously one of our “cultural” citizens showcasing their usual traits of inarticulate abuse and an inability to control their emotions leading quickly to anger and lashing out!!

Culture Boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

Obviously one of our “cultural” citizens showcasing their usual traits of inarticulate abuse and an inability to control their emotions leading quickly to anger and lashing out!!

Culture Boss.

I doubt it, the spelling was too good.

Benildus wrote: »
    I doubt it, the spelling was too good.

So one of our media luvvies who has never actually met a traveller but deems themselves qualified to lecture the rest of us regarding their behaviour and conduct??

An utter, spineless, pointless clown in other words.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

'Peter Casey was totally correct' - Sinn Féin councillor quits amid hitting out at party's policies on candidate selection and rural crime

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/peter-casey-was-totally-correct-sinn-fin-councillor-quits-amid-hitting-out-at-partys-policies-on-candidate-selection-and-rural-crime-37748866.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

'Peter Casey was totally correct' - Sinn Féin councillor quits amid hitting out at party's policies on candidate selection and rural crime

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/peter-casey-was-totally-correct-sinn-fin-councillor-quits-amid-hitting-out-at-partys-policies-on-candidate-selection-and-rural-crime-37748866.html

If you have any issues at all with the lumpen proletariat, you have no business being in SF, who consider them to be 'the vulnerable' of our society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Fair play to him.
    SF are similar to most other politicians with their populist nonsense.
    That’s why I liked Casey. He is not a real political type but he won a lot of hearts simply by being honest and then by not backing down under media pressure.

We don’t see enough of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭AllForIt

topper75 wrote: »
    If you have any issues at all with the lumpen proletariat, you have no business being in SF, who consider them to be 'the vulnerable' of our society.

I think that's a very good point. It's rampant in general society. I was walking down O'Connell street recently with an acquaintance who hadn't been to Dublin in a long time from the North so I was doing the tour guide thing and I mentioned the skangers as they are known and she hit back at me and said 'don't call them that - we're all the same'. What a slap on the face when I was in a jovial mood. Took a few daytime pints later on to put that one behind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,558 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

AllForIt wrote: »
    I think that's a very good point. It's rampant in general society. I was walking down O'Connell street recently with an acquaintance who hadn't been to Dublin in a long time from the North so I was doing the tour guide thing and I mentioned the skangers as they are known and she hit back at me and said 'don't call them that - we're all the same'. What a slap on the face when I was in a jovial mood. Took a few daytime pints later on to put that one behind me.

All the same!!!

Do we all walk or stagger around Dublin City Centre in grey trakkie bottoms roaring and shouting into mobile devices?

I don’t think so A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

All the same!!!

Do we all walk or stagger around Dublin City Centre in grey trakkie bottoms roaring and shouting into mobile devices?

I don’t think so A.

Its a cry for help!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭AllForIt

All the same!!!

I don’t think so A.

It was something one was taught in Catholic school, that 'we're all the same'.

Could anything be more untrue.

Don't think I'm the same as Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

AllForIt wrote: »
    It was something one was taught in Catholic school, that 'we're all the same'.

Could anything be more untrue.

Don't think I'm the same as Hitler.

I wonder do they still teach in Catholic school that 'we're all the same'? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

uwd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,391 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Peter Casey Reports
    The Peter Casey Reports kick off this morning on www.newstalk.com
    Tune in from 10am for episode 1: Peter Casey and the Travelling Community.

Galway voxpop

2 travellers v. Peter

"A traveller is someone who lives in a caravan and travels from site to site, not in a house"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,496 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

zell12 wrote: »
    Galway voxpop

2 travellers v. Peter

3 - After Hours v Peter v Travellers
    Triple threat match for the world title, no disqualification, no countout.

THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement