Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey's beliefs of Travellers' ethnicity Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Might listen to this later, any good or should I avoid?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,496 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Might listen to this later, any good or should I avoid?

If you hate travellers, love tabloids and want to feel angry, then no. Go for it.

Other than that, yes. Like the plague.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

If you hate travellers, love tabloids and want to feel angry, then no. Go for it.

Other than that, yes. Like the plague.

Was that a comment on the radio show or just Casey in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,496 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Was that a comment on the radio show or just Casey in general?

Casey's attitudes.

The only people with anything to gain from it are those who want their biases confirmed and he'll be pretty much preaching to the converted.

Don't expect anything new.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Right so did anyone actually listen to it? See my earlier question if so.

• Advertisement

Gonna listen to it later when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

“Mr Dillon also challenged Mr Casey’s assertions that a group of Travellers refused to move into houses in Co Tipperary as they were demanding land and stables.

He said: “Not only is it not as straightforward as that, it’s factually incorrect.

“Factual error number one - they never demanded stables. Factual error number two - they never asked for an acre of land each. Those are just complete and utter fabrications.”

https://www.newstalk.com/news/peter-casey-claims-comments-travellers-not-wrong-826322

Maybe the travellers should get a consistent story together

In a statement released on behalf of the Traveller families, they deny demanding stables or "paddocks" from the council and say they agreed to move to the houses if "grazing land" was provided for their horses.
    So if grazing land was provided

https://www.rte.ie/news/presidential...tial-election/

Long way from the McCarthys said originally

However, the Travellers living across the road say they will not be occupying them unless two stables and at least half an acre of land are included behind each dwelling for their horses.

They were to be built with a half-acre behind each house, with two stables,” Philip McCarthy, one of the residents of the site at Cabragh Bridge, said at the weekend. “They [Tipperary County Council] changed it to a group project, like a mini-housing estate. The agreement was two stables and a half an acre for the horses, but they never came up with that.”

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/latest-tipperary-co-co-deny-agreeing-to-provide-stables-as-housing-standoff-continues-874364.html

The McCarthys specifically mentioned stables

When it was was put to him that Pavee Point said the family did not want the council to give it the land, rather to rent it,

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...asey-1.3666390

Big change from They were to be built with a half-acre behind each house, with two stables to renting the extra land

Me thinks the media and the travellers in question are trying to change the narrative as they have turned down €1.7 million in houses and it looks terrible

Demanding half and acre of land behind each house and stables.

Now they are changing the narrative

Casey was right to call them out on their BS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    “Mr Dillon also challenged Mr Casey’s assertions that a group of Travellers refused to move into houses in Co Tipperary as they were demanding land and stables.

He said: “Not only is it not as straightforward as that, it’s factually incorrect.

“Factual error number one - they never demanded stables. Factual error number two - they never asked for an acre of land each. Those are just complete and utter fabrications.”

https://www.newstalk.com/news/peter-casey-claims-comments-travellers-not-wrong-826322

Maybe the travellers should get a consistent story together

In a statement released on behalf of the Traveller families, they deny demanding stables or "paddocks" from the council and say they agreed to move to the houses if "grazing land" was provided for their horses.
    So if grazing land was provided

https://www.rte.ie/news/presidential...tial-election/

Long way from the McCarthys said originally

However, the Travellers living across the road say they will not be occupying them unless two stables and at least half an acre of land are included behind each dwelling for their horses.

They were to be built with a half-acre behind each house, with two stables,” Philip McCarthy, one of the residents of the site at Cabragh Bridge, said at the weekend. “They [Tipperary County Council] changed it to a group project, like a mini-housing estate. The agreement was two stables and a half an acre for the horses, but they never came up with that.”

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/latest-tipperary-co-co-deny-agreeing-to-provide-stables-as-housing-standoff-continues-874364.html

The McCarthys specifically mentioned stables

When it was was put to him that Pavee Point said the family did not want the council to give it the land, rather to rent it,

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...asey-1.3666390

Big change from They were to be built with a half-acre behind each house, with two stables to renting the extra land

Me thinks the media and the travellers in question are trying to change the narrative as they have turned down €1.7 million in houses and it looks terrible

Demanding half and acre of land behind each house and stables.

Now they are changing the narrative

Casey was right to call them out on their BS

They are stalling moving in because they are trying to take a case to get "squatters rights" on the land they were illegally occupying. From what I've heard from a local, they agreed to move into the new houses immediately if they were given a payment by the council equal to what they expected the land they are on would be worth if they could claim it and sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Gravelly wrote: »

From what I've heard from a local, they agreed to move into the new houses immediately if they were given a payment by the council equal to what they expected the land they are on would be worth if they could claim it and sell it.

Free gaff.
    With paddocks
    And stables

And the value of land they don't own, but squatting on...

In fcuking fairness...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Free gaff.
    With paddocks
    And stables

In fcuking fairness...

Tis the Cultural way.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Free gaff.
    With paddocks
    And stables

In fcuking fairness...

Since we're living in the twilight zone in 2019, we should all just start identifying as Pavee.

If the bigots out there there don't buy it we'll bring Discrimination suits against them.

Since we're living in the twilight zone in 2019, we should all just start identifying as Pavee.

If the bigots out there there don't buy it we'll bring Discrimination suits against them.

I've decided to become:
    Non binary traveller fluid.

I can be a (trans-it)traveller when i want to beat the shıt out of the wife, rob an old person, not pay tax or insurance, or be any way responsible for my actions and demand culturally appropriate accomdation ( which will include a small runway and a modest hangar seeing as my mother was an air hostess), and any criticism can be easily rebuffed with "bigot/racist
    All other times i can be non(trans-it) traveller.

My pronoun(s) will be:
    Xeboss

(Probably) Anti abortion but thinks nothing of driving "heavily pregnant" wrong way up A40.

Wow, talk about karma. Commit horrible crime, end up in horrible accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Great piece in newstalk there.

The everyone deserves a house mantra was pulled up by peter when talking to the head of some traveler group.

She couldn’t believe he doesnt think everyone is entitled to a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,081 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Great piece in newstalk there.

The everyone deserves a house mantra was pulled up by peter when talking to the head of some traveler group.

She couldn’t believe he doesnt think everyone is entitled to a house.

That’s racist!

A lot of the texters to Pat Kenny's show this morning seem to also be sick of the entitlement and the leeching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,365 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I presume good old Pat was on the Traveller side? Or so the way he preaches he should be anyway

I presume good old Pat was on the Traveller side? Or so the way he preaches he should be anyway

I didn't hear enough to be honest, just a few mins of him reading out texts from the listeners. The vast majority were agreeing with Casey.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Newstalk would want to get a more fair and balanced reporter that Barry Whyte. Talk about totally one sided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Floppybits wrote:
    Newstalk would want to get a more fair and balanced reporter that Barry Whyte. Talk about totally one sided.

Good singer though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

I thought Casey came across as a doddery old fecker on Newstalk tbh but then that's playing to their demographic.

He gets all red in the face when confronted and starts stuttering ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

BBFAN wrote:
    I thought Casey came across as a doddery old fecker on Newstalk tbh but then that's playing to their demographic.

Of course no bias on your part either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Odelay

BBFAN wrote: »

He gets all red in the face when confronted and starts stuttering ****e.

I really hope you’re not being ageist with your comment? Because that is a case for discrimination or prejudice. Are you familiar with the legislation?

Odelay wrote: »
    I really hope you’re not being ageist with your comment? Because that is a case for discrimination or prejudice. Are you familiar with the legislation?

Are you going to take a case against me on Boards? :D:D:D

Get off the bleeding stage.

Of course no bias on your part either.

Total bias of course, can't stand doddery stuttering old men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

BBFAN wrote: »
    Total bias of course, can't stand doddery stuttering old men.

Over 23% doddery. That’s what got to them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement