Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting out a holiday home

Options
  • 05-11-2018 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭

As per the title I would like to let out a holiday property, but am a complete novice to this.
    Not looking at long term letting as wish to use the property also - Looking more to lease for holiday stays (weekend/weekly stays etc..)

In general, I am looking for advice in terms of, insurance, tax, deductible benefits, management companies, contracts, solicitors.. etc etc..
    Currently married and we are a single income family.

Also is there a particular profession or outfit that is an expert in these matters and are there any recommendations (Limerick/Kerry area)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

As per the title I would like to let out a holiday property, but am a complete novice to this.
    Not looking at long term letting as wish to use the property also - Looking more to lease for holiday stays (weekend/weekly stays etc..)

In general, I am looking for advice in terms of, insurance, tax, deductible benefits, management companies, contracts, solicitors.. etc etc..
    Currently married and we are a single income family.

Also is there a particular profession or outfit that is an expert in these matters and are there any recommendations (Limerick/Kerry area)

You don't lease for holiday stays, you licence. The best thing to do is check out the holiday market in the area your property is by doing searches for holiday homes in the area. You will quickly identify the operators in your area.

Advertisement