Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed calls from +88213... numbers

• 05-11-2018 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

This is odd, posting here because I'm an eir mobile customer but I don't know if it's eir specific. 

Starting yesterday I'm getting multiple dropped calls from numbers starting with +882 13 xx xxxx. The pattern is the same every time, phone lights up to indicate an incoming call, before I've time to react the call drops. I've got about a dozen of these since yesterday, different number each time.  

A quick search threw this up, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Networks_(country_code)
    +882 13 is "EMS Regional Mobile Satellite System", whatever that is!

I can block the numbers, but every call is from a different one, anyone got any ideas?

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Malolan

Received a call from +88.... last week too. +88 is Taiwan prefix. I'm not with eir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

MrShaneH wrote: »
    This is odd, posting here because I'm an eir mobile customer but I don't know if it's eir specific. 

Starting yesterday I'm getting multiple dropped calls from numbers starting with +882 13 xx xxxx. The pattern is the same every time, phone lights up to indicate an incoming call, before I've time to react the call drops. I've got about a dozen of these since yesterday, different number each time.  

A quick search threw this up, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Networks_(country_code)
    +882 13 is "EMS Regional Mobile Satellite System", whatever that is!

I can block the numbers, but every call is from a different one, anyone got any ideas?

S
    Hi MrShaneH, 

We are aware of these calls, they are scam calls and I'd advise to not answer them to call them back. 

We have no control over these I'm afraid. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I'm with Vodafone and got one last week - it's +882 rather than +88 I think. The +882 prefix is one that is not aligned with any particular area I believe (having searched).

Advertisement