Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Short Term Mobile Broadband

• 05-11-2018 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭

I signed up to Eir Braodband and TV for my house but I'm waiting on the phone line to be installed (house is a new build) - would Eir allow me to enter into a mobile broadband contract and switch that to a Broadband and TV bundle once the phone line is installed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

amcalester wrote: »
    I signed up to Eir Braodband and TV for my house but I'm waiting on the phone line to be installed (house is a new build) - would Eir allow me to enter into a mobile broadband contract and switch that to a Broadband and TV bundle once the phone line is installed?
    Hi amcalester, 

I'm afraid this wouldn't be possible, they are different contract's. 

You have 2 options for the mobile broadband service. 1 - The Prepay mobile broadband service, you can view all the details here 
    2 - The bill pay service with contract's ranging from 1-6 months, you can view details here

This would be added separately, our sales team on 1800 503 303 will be happy to explore all your options with you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

I understand they are different contracts, what I'm asking is for Eir to make an exception to the minimum term as there is no other way for Eir to supply me with broadband until you fit the lines to my house. 

I can't be the first person to be in this position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I understand they are different contracts, what I'm asking is for Eir to make an exception to the minimum term as there is no other way for Eir to supply me with broadband until you fit the lines to my house. 

Unfortunately, there is no way around this. 

I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭RobiePAX

Eir sales system is set in a way to treat everyone equal. Sales team don't input length of the contract manually. They select it from given options which you can see online. If you agree to the contract, you'll have to stay with it until it ends.

Based on what you described, I believe the following deal from Three is best solution for you. You can use that until you get your lines sorted. Note that you'll have to supply your own 4G router. 

z3ay6au.jpg

Cheers Robbie. 

I get what you're saying about contract length etc and understand there are system limitations. 

But from a customer service perspective it is poor from Eir. I, as a customer or potential customer, am not overly concerned about how Eir works internally and having approached them to enter into a contract I'm then told that it'll be 2 months before that's possible and even though Eir has an alternative product that would work in the interim this is not being offered because of a "Computer Says No" attitude, (not necessarily from Tracey, but Eir in general). 

As for the 3, that's something I'll look into. We have a 3 mobile in the house already and the coverage isn't good so not sure it'll be a goer. 

• Advertisement

Thought I'd update this if it's of any use to people. 

In the end Eir have offered me a 250gb rolling 30 mobile broadband contract for €53 which I am happy enough with. 

All it took was an email to the CEO. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭RobiePAX

I'm glad it got resolved for you in the end. How much did they charge you for the modem?

The router was free.  I'm not sure if that was a GOGW or part of the deal, either way I'm happier now than when I started this thread. 

Advertisement