Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small business advertising, Agencies?

Options
  • 05-11-2018 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi there, part time self employed photographer here, I currently rely on Facebook, Google search (Not Google ads), and Donedeal for my advertising.

Can anyone recommend an agency or somewhere I can combine advertising locations (Internet, local newspapers, magazines etc) and therefore get better value for money?

Many thanks in advance ☺️

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

You won’t have a huge budget so you need to look for one of the smaller agencies. Check out iapi.ie for a list of registered agencies. You might even be better to call iapi and explain what you’re looking for.

Call several agencies and see what they will charge you for their services. Usually falls under three headings:
    1) A monthly retainer (try and avoid this as you are too small).
    2) A production mark up on any work they produce for you.
    3) Media commission for placing ads.

Always remember these guys can be some of the best salespeople out there. They make their living selling ‘hot air’ so always beware and make sure they know exactly what you want to achieve and how much you can only spend doing it.

Advertisement