Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm DMC Line Fault - looking for temporary fix whilst without line

Options
  • 05-11-2018 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All, saw there were a few threads on here already with other people with similar problems, but rather than resurrect or hijack thought I'd start a new thread.
    I had a HKC alarm fitted beginning of last year, which includes a hook-up to the telephone line so that if the alarm activates I get a phone call (so it's not monitored by the company who fitted the alarm). I laid a CAT5 cable under the floorboards whilst doing other work and the fitting company used this to connect the alarm to the white box telephone box.
    Thr trouble is that I have had the telephone disconnected temporarily probably for about a year but maybe indefinately. I don't have engineer codes or probably the ability to remove the DMC from the programme, and anyway if I get the phoneline reinstated I would probably want to re-enable. So it would require two visits from the firm and I don't know how much trouble for them. I am thinking about a temporary fix being to provide a line level voltage into the telephone wires to the alarm. Some websites online suggest doing this for Sky Digibox for fooling the units, with one or a number of nearly flat 9v batteries in serial. Can anyone confirm if in theory this would work?
    Thanks, Will

Advertisement