Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account balance anomalies

Options
  • 05-11-2018 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hello,

Over the last week, my account balance was approx. -€1450 and I used Banking 365 to create a new updated statement which unusually brought balance to -€1266.69.
    I thought this corrected the balance so I transferred funds from my account - 63158323, then a day later the balance recalculated above my O/D limit to -€1600.

Is there an issue with balance updating and the processing of transactions as there is always a set of transactions in progress so it's hard to figure out if my balance is correct.

I also make a transfer on the 2nd to my PTSB account for the mortgage that has only come out of my BOI account this morning so may not make the payment call.

Please advise

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

FeargO wrote: »
    Hello,

Over the last week, my account balance was approx. -€1450 and I used Banking 365 to create a new updated statement which unusually brought balance to -€1266.69.
    I thought this corrected the balance so I transferred funds from my account - 63158323, then a day later the balance recalculated above my O/D limit to -€1600.

Is there an issue with balance updating and the processing of transactions as there is always a set of transactions in progress so it's hard to figure out if my balance is correct.

I also make a transfer on the 2nd to my PTSB account for the mortgage that has only come out of my BOI account this morning so may not make the payment call.

Please advise

Hi FeargO,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here through Boards.

In relation to the balance showing on your account, it can take up to five working days for a retailer to process a Visa Debit card transaction. While the transaction is processing it may show up or fall off the account which can effect the balance on your account.

Any transfer done to an other Euro zone account should take one working day to complete. Our cut off time each working day would be 3:30PM so if the transaction was done after this time on the 2nd it would be processed today and should show in the payee account tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 FeargO

Hi Darren,
    I can understand this could happen and my balance would be revised upwards when transactions clear but is there a reason why my balance went from approx -€1450 down to -€1266 when I submitted a statement request?
    Thanks
    Fearghal

Hi Darren,
    I can understand this could happen and my balance would be revised upwards when transactions clear but is there a reason why my balance went from approx -€1450 down to -€1266 when I submitted a statement request?
    Thanks
    Fearghal

Thanks for getting back to me Fearghal.
    Depending on how the transaction is being processed it can show on your account and the fall off within the five working days that it is being processed. When this happens it can cause the limit to increase. This can also be caused if a retailer puts through a transaction and then cancels it.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 FeargO

Hi Darren,
    This is the first and only time my overdraft balance decreased and I find it too coincidental that it happened after I requested a statement. With all respect to your checks so far, I do have my doubts about the BOI systems.
    Best regards
    Fearghal

Hi Darren,
    This is the first and only time my overdraft balance decreased and I find it too coincidental that it happened after I requested a statement. With all respect to your checks so far, I do have my doubts about the BOI systems.
    Best regards
    Fearghal

Thanks for getting back to us and please be assured that all feedback that we receive here is noted.
    Don't hesitate in get back to us if there is anything else I can help you with.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Advertisement
Advertisement