Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postman not delivering mail

Options
  • 05-11-2018 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Hi folks.

Just wondering if any of you have had experience of your postman not delivering mail?

We live at an address in D24, an apartment block. The postman had started to leave items outside of the post boxes - some of ours were tampered with and stolen. We put in a complaint with An Post but got no satisfaction.

Fast forward s couple of months and now we’re getting no post at all. Parcels returned to senders, an item we posted as a test not delivered. I’m getting someone to send us a SeiftPost letter to test out a tracked item too.

An Post complaints service seem to be terrible, any idea what we can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Get onto the communications regulator

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Smart Bug wrote:
    Fast forward s couple of months and now we’re getting no post at all. Parcels returned to senders, an item we posted as a test not delivered. I’m getting someone to send us a SeiftPost letter to test out a tracked item too.

Parcels are usually delivered by the parcel delivery guy in the van and not your regular postman. This would suggest both devisions of an post aren't delivering to you

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

An post customer service is bloody awful. Either put on hold for over an hour on the phone or wait 3+ business days for a response to an email. It is a bloody joke of a company. Need to take a lesson from the Japanese and privatize the whole lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Jlayay wrote: »
    An post customer service is bloody awful. Either put on hold for over an hour on the phone or wait 3+ business days for a response to an email. It is a bloody joke of a company. Need to take a lesson from the Japanese and privatize the whole lot.

Never waited more than a minute when I have had to call them in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Smart Bug wrote: »
    Hi folks.

Just wondering if any of you have had experience of your postman not delivering mail?

We live at an address in D24, an apartment block. The postman had started to leave items outside of the post boxes - some of ours were tampered with and stolen. We put in a complaint with An Post but got no satisfaction.

An Post complaints service seem to be terrible, any idea what we can do?

Are you sure its An Post and not someone in the apartment block? Contacting the Garda might be an idea.

Explain to them what is going on. Its unfair to blame the postman without proof. (I had a similar issue 20 years ago, long story. Was not postman!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Are you sure its An Post and not someone in the apartment block? Contacting the Garda might be an idea.

Explain to them what is going on. Its unfair to blame the postman without proof. (I had a similar issue 20 years ago, long story. Was not postman!)

True. I’ll see what happens the swiftpost & go from there. My partner’s tracking a parcel on the web too, arrived in Ireland on 30/10 & no sign of it yet. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭JohnC.

If it's a bunch of postboxes in an apartment building lobby, is there not some kind of CCTV?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

JohnC. wrote:
    If it's a bunch of postboxes in an apartment building lobby, is there not some kind of CCTV?

Things like this is why most tenants don't want neighbouring apartments doing Airbnb. Much higher risk of this happening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Get a cheap GPS tracker and post it to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Cameras

• Advertisement
Advertisement