Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre connection

• 05-11-2018 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm not sure who the best person to talk to this about is. My mother next door is getting fibre on Wednesday.

The fibre connection seems to have passed my house without giving me a connection and I am just next door.

Is there someone I can contact in relation to this?

Regards,
    Gary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm not sure who the best person to talk to this about is. My mother next door is getting fibre on Wednesday.

The fibre connection seems to have passed my house without giving me a connection and I am just next door.

Regards,
    Gary
    Hi GaryCocs, 

The service is subject to availability and each address is individual for the service so not all our customer may be able to avail of it, unfortunately. 

To check the availability at your address you can use our online checker for Fibre here and FTTH (Fibre to the home) here

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭randombar

Hi,

Regards,
    Gary
    Hi GaryCocs, 

The service is subject to availability and each address is individual for the service so not all our customer may be able to avail of it, unfortunately. 

To check the availability at your address you can use our online checker for Fibre here and FTTH (Fibre to the home) here

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks for coming back Tracey.

In relation to the roll out plan, do you know if the plan would be to roll out every house in the area before moving on to another area or is it revisiting and coming back to those houses at a later date.

It is disappointing as I'm not really sure why one house was connected while another next door wasn't as there is availability in the box according to the installers.

// Gary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi,

Regards,
    Gary
    Hi GaryCocs, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks for coming back Tracey.

In relation to the roll out plan, do you know if the plan would be to roll out every house in the area before moving on to another area or is it revisiting and coming back to those houses at a later date.

It is disappointing as I'm not really sure why one house was connected while another next door wasn't as there is availability in the box according to the installers.

// Gary
    Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to advise on this. There are cases when some addresses within an area are not able to avail of the service. The best advice I can offer is to check the maps for updates. The next rollout file is due in approx 3 months. 

I'm sorry I'm unable to be of more assistance.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement