Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk please

• 05-11-2018 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I’m having a nightmare trying to get an issue resolved despite several phone calls progressing no further. Topped off today with a 40 minute conversation with Phillip. When I asked for a resolution or a supervisor or complaint number he put me on hold with no music just beeping for 30 minutes before I finally hung up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I’m having a nightmare trying to get an issue resolved despite several phone calls progressing no further. Topped off today with a 40 minute conversation with Phillip. When I asked for a resolution or a supervisor or complaint number he put me on hold with no music just beeping for 30 minutes before I finally hung up.
    Hi lomothegreat, 

I'm sorry to hear this, this is not the level of service we aim to provide. 

Can you clarify the issue and I'll try my best to help you here? 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fear corcaigh

Having a similar issue here, I've spent 62 minutes on hold waiting for someone to speak to. 

Finally got to speak to someone and they tell me II have an  18 month contract ( was duped into ). 

I signed up to a 28 day mobile contract which I have since cancelled, but they decided to change my home package to an 18 month contract at the same time. I clearly discussed this both at the time of taking up the mobile contract and at the time of cancelling the contract that the home and mobile packages are separate entities and should not affect each other. 

Then current monthly bill is €79 for a 5Mb broadband and landline.

I ask for the tapes of the call when when the contract was agreed, "Oh but we dont keep the tapes that long". Admittedly it was 7 months ago. 

I say, how much is it to cancel the contract, she says "Oh wait on hold and I'll check this out",  5 mins later the line went dead conveniently. 

So I spent Over 75 minutes on the phone trying to sort something out to no avail. The least the support agent could do is call back or email with the answer. She had all the details.

I am absolutely furious with these cowboys. The modus operandi is to extract as much money from the customer and make it difficult as possible for the customer to leave or interact with support. 

I hear the reps say we are on Webchat, Boards, Twitter etc. Yes you are!  but they get to a certain point on them channels (which are also slow) and they tell you you need to ring 1901. 

This is my first ever contract with Eir and  NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL I USE EIR

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gofree

The chat is good when available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

You can write to them by registered mail and demand under GDPR regulations to a copy or all data held pertaining to the contract and for proof of the existence of the contract.

You cannot be held to a contract that you didn't agree to. That's just not a contact. They need to produce proof that the contract actually exists.

If they don't respond to that, contact the Data Protection Commissioner.

It's simply not an acceptable response.

I would also send a formal complaints via their website (Google it) about the contract you feel you did not agree to. Keep copies of all communication.
    If there's no response within a reasonable time, contact ComReg.

Advertisement