Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legendary games you are too embarrassed to admit you never played/Finished

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Any of the GTA's with the exception of the original two. I just get bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

OP said legendary games, many of these may not be quite in that category.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

bugs wrote: »
    OP said legendary games, many of these may not be quite in that category.

One mans legendary is another mans bag o shit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Witcher 3 - loved it for a time, then got tired of traveling vast distances not sure if I was doing a main mission or side quest. I know this can be fixed, but I’m sure I’ll get distracted again.

Skyrim - was having a great time, then got out on the Dawnguard DLC and my game file crashed. Not going back.

Fallout 4

Any GTA game

FFXV is the first main Final Fantasy game I haven’t finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

FFXV is the first main Final Fantasy game I haven’t finished.

I had it on the PS4 and barely got to Chapter 6. I did however finish the Pocket Edition on the Switch and found the pacing a bit more to my liking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Metal Gear Solid 3. I've completed most of the games in this series (currently playing MGS5) and I never actually finished MGS3. I played about an hour of it on the PS2 and bought the collection for the PS3 but still haven't touched it.

Fallout New Vegas. I prefered this much more than Fallout 3 but for some reason I never finished it.

Skyrim. Never even owned a copy or thought about buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Still haven't finished the last B&W boss of The Witcher 3 and I loved that game.
    I've left it too long now so I'm a complete noob at combat so it's like I'm level 1 again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Half-life 1/2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I never had a Wii; never played anything on it outside of Wii Sports at a friends once which left no real impression on me.
    I never finished a GTA game until V. Always got stuck on certain later missions in San Andreas and Vice City; got bored playing IV as it suffered in certain missions without a checkpoint system.
    Most of the NES library on Switch I never beat and have zero interest in ever attempting

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I won't say i'm embarrassed to have not played, but there are some 'classics' which I've never played.

Never understood the pull of Sonic. Compared to Mario, it's extremely meh. Felt like all you had to do was hold right and jump every now and again. I know it's not that simple, but that's what it felt like to me, so never played the majority of Sonic games, and the ones I did play, I gave up out of boredom after 20 minutes or so.

Zelda, I think I would like them, but never played one.

Any Final Fantasy due to the fighting system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

mloc123 wrote: »
    Half-life 1/2

I remember having The Orange Box on PS3. I loved Portal. I loved Team Fortress 2.

Could not get more than half an hour into Half-Life 2. Just didn't click with me at all. The Orange Box was well worth the money for the hours I put into TF2 alone never mind how great Portal was, but HL2 just didn't interest me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

There's lot's of games I've given up on for which I feel no shame. Fallout 4 springs to mind. I'm really unhappy with myself I never finished Doom.
    I never finished GOW, think I'll need to restart it to get back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Penn wrote: »
    I remember having The Orange Box on PS3. I loved Portal. I loved Team Fortress 2.

Could not get more than half an hour into Half-Life 2. Just didn't click with me at all. The Orange Box was well worth the money for the hours I put into TF2 alone never mind how great Portal was, but HL2 just didn't interest me at all.

For HL1 I was playing it on an underspecced PC at a horribly slow frame rate, so I gave up.

HL2 just never clicked for me.

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Metal Gear Solid 3. I've completed most of the games in this series (currently playing MGS5) and I never actually finished MGS3. I played about an hour of it on the PS2 and bought the collection for the PS3 but still haven't touched it.

Fallout New Vegas. I prefered this much more than Fallout 3 but for some reason I never finished it.

Skyrim. Never even owned a copy or thought about buying it.

I started and never finished MGS3 back in the day but loved it when I played the HD collection, better than MGS2 by a running mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I started and never finished MGS3 back in the day but loved it when I played the HD collection, better than MGS2 by a running mile.

I never understood the hate for MGS2 (Actually I do, Raiden!). I loved it when I played it on the PS2. I must crack open the HD collection and play both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I’m starting to play through my backlog at the moment in between ranking up in blops4.

Currently I’m playing through the original Red Dead Redemption as I got the goty edition for €15 in Argos on 360 ages ago and there’s a lot of hype about the new one.

Don’t get me wrong it’s good but I don’t know if it deserves all the praise it gets tbh. It’s not blowing me away or anything.

Loads of other “classics” I need to play. Zelda a link to the past springs to mind but way too many others to list. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

I have never played any of the Kingdom Hearts games. I just bought the PS4 remaster so once Red Dead is finished I’ll move onto them. Also never played any of the yakuza games either but after Yakuza Kwami was giving on PS+ I bought 0 to start with. My backlog is way to big.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My advice is to consider living in ignorance as Kingdom hearts is really not good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I thought Half Life was an amazing game at the time it was released....there was nothing quite like it. Half Life 2 though, I just could never get into it, I've started to play it so many times but I just didn't find it compelling or satisfying to play at all.

Probably the most legendary game I just couldn't get through, and I say that as a major FPS fan.

Also have never been able to finish any of the GTA games, I just get bored after a time - not that I don't like open-world games, I'm a sucker for Fallout or Skyrim, but GTA is just something that feels like tough work to me for whatever reason.

No point mentioning games in genres you'd never play to begin with really.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    My advice is to consider living in ignorance as Kingdom hearts is really not good.

Man you’re such a kill joy. Lol.

I haven’t played them either but with a couple of young kids I’d rather have that on the telly than other games because at least it’s somewhat cartoony even if there is fighting etc in it. Feels a little more child friendly but with RPG elements. Yay.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah but it's not fun. Play Dragon Quest instead. It's cartoon like and fun. Kingdom hearts after the first descends into teen melodrama.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Uncharted/last of us

I find them archaic in their design choices and poor games, i have tried to play them.

Probably great stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Many open world RPGs like Skyrim, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and 4, Dragon Age+, Etc.

I spend 95% of my time exploring/side tracking on quests, or going on a killing spree on NPCs, barely progressing on the main story... eventually get bored and stop playing altogether.

The curse of distractions and indecisiveness on what to do. Gimme a linear game anyday! :p

Never played the Metal Gear series, besides a few demos for the sake of it.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yeah but it's not fun. Play Dragon Quest instead. It's cartoon like and fun. Kingdom hearts after the first descends into teen melodrama.

Teen melodrama like Persona?

Dragon Quest, I’ll take a look. Also reminds me of Hero Quest the board game. Jaysus that brings me back.

No. Persona actually is pretty mature and deals with actual teenage issues like bullying, depression, acceptance. It's usually handled quite well with a few missteps.

Kingdom Hearts on the other hand is utter nonsense that takes itself too seriously.

There's some fun to be had but it's very repetitive button mashing and after the first game the challenge is nonexistent. The story is really bad though.

Advertisement