Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cex discounted consoles

Options
  • 05-11-2018 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭

I was thinking about picking up a discounted PS3 for to play MGS 4 since it looks like Konami will never release it on PS4. I was wondering has anyone else ever bought a discounted console from CEX? How bad condition are they?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

as far as i know they dont come with original controller if discounted, they'll show you console in the shop though

usually just a 3rd party controller instead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I bought one, when it arrived it had some scratches and the like, to be expected on most to be fair. The vents were filthy so I thought the inside would have been covered in dust and debris but it was spotlesss, I'm guessing it wasn't used in a dirty environment maybe just stored in one.

Came with an original DualShock 3, not much battery life but again that is to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I presume once you dusted out the vents you were happy.
    I've seen videos of the superslim and it does look like a scratch and dust magnet.
    It's glossy so if you touch it at all you have instant fingerprints.
    They probably scratch very easily too.
    You were lucky to get a dualshock 3.
    Anyway I'm not that picky, wouldn't mind the odd scratch and dust comes off in a matter of seconds.
    As long as the console doesn't have dents in it, chunks gone out of it or look like it's been played football with and of course most importantly that it works then I'd be happy. I might hold off for a while anyway.
    Black Friday is coming up soon and I've plenty of games to play through anyway.
    Can't see them getting much cheaper though anyway.

Advertisement