Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One eyed monsters

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

A daily walk around the car before setting off should be mandatory
    Check bulbs, indicators, tyres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Followed a guy from Killeagh to the tunnel (east Cork) the other morning, around 6am. No lights on his merc. Flashed him constantly. By Midleton I had had enough and rang guards.
    Followed him to the tunnel. No sign of the guards.
    When he stopped at the lights I roared at him out the window to put on his fecking lights. He looked at me with a gormless expression and then the oops face.
    Thats a distance of nearly 32km. With no lights on. Not a fecking thing. Not even DRLS. In pure darkness.
    He must have ate some amount of carrots when he was a kid.
    He's a Langer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

nice_guy80 wrote: »

Fantasy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,794 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Tzardine wrote: »
    Not necessarily. An awful lot of bikes have separate lights. Meaning that only one comes on for dipped beams and they both come on for high beams.

Just got a 182 reg bike with twin lights. Only 1 comes on on Dip. 2nd only comes on on Main.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Patww79 wrote: »
    Fantasy stuff.

All our commercial drivers have to do it, even if it's only a small van like a transit connect or a caddy.

Even forklift drivers have to complete a daily safety check. (New driver = new check, so most are checked twice a day)

For private cars once a week would do the trick. But as has been pointed out, most people see their cars purely as a tool and don't care about them or their maintenance.

Many owners for example can't top up oil, doesn't know which cap the windscreen fluid goes in, would look in a confused expression at new wiper blades and if you asked them to change a bulb would tell you where to go, even though they would almost all be more than capable if they cared to learn. It's a behavioural issue.

Advertisement