Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Raphael's Manor/Priory Celbridge

Options
  • 05-11-2018 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Can I ask if anyone has any information about this estate, what it is like to live in etc? We are interested in a couple of houses here but it seems a bit far out from the village as we are looking at some houses at the back of the estate near Shackleton Road. Also, in terms of public transport into the city each day, does anyone know the best option? Is the Bus Eireann 120 bus reliable for example? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

dno7239 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Can I ask if anyone has any information about this estate, what it is like to live in etc? We are interested in a couple of houses here but it seems a bit far out from the village as we are looking at some houses at the back of the estate near Shackleton Road. Also, in terms of public transport into the city each day, does anyone know the best option? Is the Bus Eireann 120 bus reliable for example? Thank you in advance.

I used to live there. Its a 10 minute walk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

There's also a peak hour 67X which serves the Shackleton Road.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/67x3/

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Goose76

Hi - hoping for some recent opinions on this estate, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭squrm

Hi,

Living here a couple of years and have no complaints. As most of the roads are cul-de-sacs they are quiet. Walk to the village is approx 15 mins, same if walking to Tesco/Lidl.

I don't get them but the 67x's seem to be pretty reliable, as are the 120's though I think they only get to Celbridge after 7AM. One thing to note is the traffic in the mornings from 7.20am onwards can be bad from the petrol station down to the bridge at the village, this will impact both the X and 120. You could alternatively walk to the village or Tesco and get a 67 or 67X that takes that route, but traffic is crap there too

Thanks very much for the above.

Did a trial commute this morning on the 67x - took an hour to the quays at Capel St and then I had a 25 minute walk to work, wasn't pleasant and the traffic between the estate and the bridge was indeed shocking.

I assume the rain impacted the commute and it wouldn't usually take a full hour to get to the quays?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

I get the 67X after the bridge and generally it's 35 minutes to Batchelors Walk this time of year and about 25 mins when schools / colleges are off.

Thanks, that’s reassuring

Advertisement