Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Membership Fees 2019

Options
  • 05-11-2018 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Are many seeing an increase in their fees for next year? My club is going up €100. Thankfullythey've committed to a significant investment in the course over the winter and not putting up fees because there is a demand

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Bottle

Our club are proposing levys, so while not a direct increase to the sub the annual cost will increase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

I heard Roscrea gc have asked for a one off levy of 100€ plus ,25€ extra on membership. Still good value for money.
    The problem is the club is not attracting the 25 - 45 year olds. The same in all clubs I expect.
    Most clubs have plenty of senior members propping up the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Happily we are in a position to reduce our annual sub by 50 euro as a reward for the loyalty members have shown to the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Our club has proposed via an EGM that the concessions start at 65 instead of 60.
    This means that all members above 60 will be paying an extra £100 a year (in other words, their concessions are £100 less than they were before) . I went to the EGM and the vote was only going to go one way as the younger members stayed at home and the 60+ guys (40% of our membership) turned out in force.
    Vote wasn't taken, new proposal going out as club are running on a loss and need to restructure the membership fees.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

No price increase here and yet there is a lot of work going on a the course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Increase on two fold, Sub going up by appx 100, plus if you pay by DD it's an additional 100
    There has been some spending on the course, and more planned, plus sub has been the same the last number of years so can't really grumble.... but i will, especially regarding the DD Fee!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Bottle

Our club has proposed via an EGM that the concessions start at 65 instead of 60. This means that all members above 60 will be paying an extra £100 a year (in other words, their concessions are £100 less than they were before) . I went to the EGM and the vote was only going to go one way as the younger members stayed at home and the 60+ guys (40% of our membership) turned out in force. Vote wasn't taken, new proposal going out as club are running on a loss and need to restructure the membership fees.

Something similar is about to happen at our club, approx 20% of the members are availing of senior (and being a member for >40 years) concessions. I can understand with members loyalty being rewarded, however when clubs are struggling to break even it is hard to argue that the middle aged members pay the most and probably play the least due to work and other time constraints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Small increase in ours by e45 for all membership types. It's enough though as it follows a e100 increase last year.

Basic 7-day membership is now e1295. That's just for golf, no additional levies. I reckon I would spend 300-400 on food after the round annually also.

Advertisement