Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 carrie b

I don't know what to think now

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

carrie b wrote: »
    I don't know what to think now

If you haven’t seen in the news already Aer Lingus are delaying the launch of certain new routes and reducing capacity on others due to delayed delivery of new aircraft from Airbus.
    While they’re figuring out all of this they probably put the brakes on with recruitment and training as they will need to reconfirm the number of staff they will now need.

I have just read, th say may explain things

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Maybefkyer

carrie b wrote: »
    I have just read, th say may explain things
    Thanks for sharing this !!!
    So all may not be lost yet !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 fizzy_live

Locker10a wrote: »
    If you haven’t seen in the news already Aer Lingus are delaying the launch of certain new routes and reducing capacity on others due to delayed delivery of new aircraft from Airbus.
    While they’re figuring out all of this they probably put the brakes on with recruitment and training as they will need to reconfirm the number of staff they will now need.
    That makes alot of sense why they are taking so long now, I wonder if they will let you know that it is being put on hold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Bunty90

Has anyone heard anything or been in contact with Aer Lingus???

Not a word

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LauralB

Bunty90 wrote: »

Nope, not a thing :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Baileybelles

Bunty90 wrote: »

Nothing here 😭

Me neither :( not even an e-mail to say I've been unsuccessful!

I just want to know so I can plan for the next few months! I know for the first 6 months you don't get holidays because I asked so I'm holding off confirming plans for during the Summer but if I don't even get it then it means I'll have missed out on things that I could have actually gone to!

I just want to know now!! It's taking forever!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 fizzy_live

Just out of curiosity has anyone heard anything?

Nothing here

fizzy_live wrote: »
    Nothing here either !

fizzy_live wrote: »

Still nothing either!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Thesewingsloth

Any news yet?

Any news yet?

Nothing here

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LauralB

Any news yet?

Nope!!!!

Not a word, very disappointed with no correspondence whatsoever!

Has anyone contacted them?

I haven't heard a word either !!
    Anyone else on here looking for Cork base ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Whitsundays93

I tried calling last week and got the inbox full message for voicemail, and then emailed and recieved the standard "we are still reviewing applications and will be in contact shortly" reply.

Very frustrating at this stage.

Same here when I tried to contact, I don't know what to think now at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Whitsundays93

Well if its any consolation I've just booked flights and accommodation for abroad in May, can't be putting my life on hold any longer, so I've probably jinxed myself and will get a call! Wishful thinking maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Prai101

I got through last week on the phone , they said it’s still on going , I got this far 2 years ago , alas got no further

I don't blame you Whitsundays93, they cannot expect people to put their lives on hold

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Hope you all don’t feel too bad at the moment as some people who have been offered jobs got calls to retract the offers !!!

snowbabe wrote: »
    Hope you all don’t feel too bad at the moment as some people who have been offered jobs got calls to retract the offers !!!

Omg really? That’s awful! I didn’t realise any offers had been made!! How can they take them back!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Omg really? That’s awful! I didn’t realise any offers had been made!! How can they take them back!!!!!

Yes, there has been offers made with training starting dates , and they’ve all been retracted. There was a training date for the 18th of March but I didn’t hear if that went ahead , and also one for April 5th . Any training dates after that have been cancelled as there’s no planes so they won’t be doing new routes and now don’t need staff . It’s shocking as communication has been minimal , and some have already handed in notice for jobs etc .... So maybe it was better off just not hearing at all from them rather than being offered a job and now there is none . The process was pulled almost as soon as it started which is why no one has heard anything. Pity they left people in limbo for so long ,their recruitment process seems to be a complete shambles even going by last year . Disgusting from such a big company ..... wages are not good at all for the amount of work and this is how they recruit and treat staff and people applying . This is nobody’s fault but communication would have been a tiny bit courteous especially those who were interviewed in Jan and have heard zero since then .

snowbabe wrote: »
    Yes, there has been offers made with training starting dates , and they’ve all been retracted. There was a training date for the 18th of March but I didn’t hear if that went ahead , and also one for April 5th . Any training dates after that have been cancelled as there’s no planes so they won’t be doing new routes and now don’t need staff . It’s shocking as communication has been minimal , and some have already handed in notice for jobs etc .... So maybe it was better off just not hearing at all from them rather than being offered a job and now there is none . The process was pulled almost as soon as it started which is why no one has heard anything. Pity they left people in limbo for so long ,their recruitment process seems to be a complete shambles even going by last year . Disgusting from such a big company ..... wages are not good at all for the amount of work and this is how they recruit and treat staff and people applying . This is nobody’s fault but communication would have been a tiny bit courteous especially those who were interviewed in Jan and have heard zero since then .

Oh my god that is awful! How can they do that? It’s most definitely a shambles this year! But they could have at the very least sent out an email to say there’s a delay or something like that! I actually can’t believe they cancelled training dates!! It’s insane! And still leaving people in limbo! Very bad looking for them!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Tenger wrote: »
    I would advise ppl who have applied to look over the previous threads on Aer Lingus cabin crew,ground operatives and pilot cadet programs over the last 4-5 years. The general trend is that the process is very long and drawn out.
    My post above is from Jan 8th.
    I’m sure those applying have followed news on Aer Lingus and are aware of the delay in aircraft deliveries from Airbus. Which caused the postponment of their new route to Montreal until 2020.
    Thus I’m sure their human source needs have changed since January. My post was to prepare you a long wait based on previous campaigns.

Advertisement