Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Tenger wrote: »
    My post above is from Jan 8th.
    I’m sure those applying have followed news on Aer Lingus and are aware of the delay in aircraft deliveries from Airbus. Which caused the postponment of their new route to Montreal until 2020.
    Thus I’m sure their human source needs have changed since January. My post was to prepare you a long wait based on previous campaigns.

Yes most people here were aware of that and also read the news . After your post they still offered jobs and training dates commencing from March . It is the communication that is apawlng....... How long does it take to send a reply to all those interviewed at the end of Jan to say they were successful or not ? And perhaps one to those who were successful saying they cannot give employment at the moment but they will be put on a panel ......... This is a little bit different than just a long wait and absolutely no communication for a lot of people .

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LauralB

snowbabe wrote: »
    Yes most people here were aware of that and also read the news . After your post they still offered jobs and training dates commencing from March . It is the communication that is apawlng....... How long does it take to send a reply to all those interviewed at the end of Jan to say they were successful or not ? And perhaps one to those who were successful saying they cannot give employment at the moment but they will be put on a panel ......... This is a little bit different than just a long wait and absolutely no communication for a lot of people .

I totally agree!

We are all very much aware that it was going to be a long wait after reading through various threads.
    Although that information was helpful, it’s a totally different ball game when they have retracted contracts.

I also think while being aware that it was going to be a long process, over 8 weeks with no communication is unfair!!!
    I’m sure most of us have read/heard the news and know about the delay with the aircraft but I think the company should also be touching base with those who have interviewed.

LauralB wrote: »
    I totally agree!

We are all very much aware that it was going to be a long wait after reading through various threads.
    Although that information was helpful, it’s a totally different ball game when they have retracted contracts.

I also think while being aware that it was going to be a long process, over 8 weeks with no communication is unfair!!!
    I’m sure most of us have read/heard the news and know about the delay with the aircraft but I think the company should also be touching base with those who have interviewed.

Yes Laura exactly .. I’m not sure if there was any written contracts given but there certainly was verbal ones . Would love to know if the training on the 18th March has actually commenced ? Second one was early April ... then they obviously stopped the process from going further . I also feel sorry for some of the staff ... there are many disappointed people this week ...

Emirates are recruiting in April if anyone is interested ??? I genuinely feel so sorry for you all

• Registered Users Posts: 44 carrie b

I cannot believe that happened, people would have resigned from their jobs once they got confirmation and starting dates...It was not worth all the effort everyone put in to getting to the interview stage, so unfair.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Well the recurring issue with EI, (based on the various threads on boards.ie) is an appalling lack of communication and long drawn out process.

Giving verbal "yes's" and then retracting them is however a new move. I dont think Ive seen that in 5 years of watching discussion threads here.

• Advertisement

Well the recurring issue with EI, (based on the various threads on boards.ie) is an appalling lack of communication and long drawn out process.

Giving verbal "yes's" and then retracting them is however a new move. I dont think Ive seen that in 5 years of watching discussion threads here.
    Yes it’s just desperate really and has not been seen before but what about people who have handed in their notice and now have no job at all !!!! This should be a stark warning to all prospective cabin crew .... do not take a verbal offer as true and hand in any notice .. unless you have an actual contract . You would expect a reputable ( arguable) company to be a bit more polished and professional and of course you would take them at their word .The fact current employers were contacted for references in addition to the other two references required puts people in a situation that employers want to know where they stand too . Why state also at interviews that candidates will hear within 2-3 weeks ....... they should stick to that and have respect for people and not leave them waiting for over 8 weeks with no word whatsoever . I am just feeling extremely disappointed and sad for a lot of people and just wish I knew how to use Twitter 😂😂😂

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

?.....................whatsoever . I am just feeling extremely disappointed and sad for a lot of people and just wish I knew how to use Twitter ������

https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube+how+to+use+twitter&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS750US750&oq=youtube+how+to+use+twitter&aqs=chrome..69i57.7869j0j7&hl=en-GB&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

?.....................whatsoever . I am just feeling extremely disappointed and sad for a lot of people and just wish I knew how to use Twitter ������

https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube+how+to+use+twitter&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS750US750&oq=youtube+how+to+use+twitter&aqs=chrome..69i57.7869j0j7&hl=en-GB&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Thanks so much for that but I’d be like a lunatic on it at the moment ..... so it’s probably best I don’t learn . This has taken the good out of the job even if they called in 6 months time and offer something could you actually believe that and get excited all over again ....... I’d love to know who in HR gives the orders to just say don’t reply or email to anyone you’ve interviewed, and pop in a standard reply that things are on going when in fact they are stopped dead .... no wonder all mail boxes are full ......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Thanks so much for that but I’d be like a lunatic on it at the moment ..... so it’s probably best I don’t learn . This has taken the good out of the job even if they called in 6 months time and offer something could you actually believe that and get excited all over again ....... I’d love to know who in HR gives the orders to just say don’t reply or email to anyone you’ve interviewed, and pop in a standard reply that things are on going when in fact they are stopped dead .... no wonder all mail boxes are full ......

You’re right, the least they owed everyone was an explanation for the delay and to just place selected candidates onto a panel, it’s really not that hard on their part.

Exactly, a little bit of decency ..... it is bad every year but this year must beat them all,what enthusiasm could you possibly muster up after all that carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Baileybelles

Totally agree with everything in the last few posts! The last few months have been draining! I can understand that internal issues can call a halt on recruitment but let people know!

Realistically are they going to call us in 1/2/3 months and offer us a position? Who is still going to be in a position to take it! It’s bizarre!

And to call people’s references!! Totally uncalled for! And now people are left out of work? Absolutely disgraceful

Totally agree with everything in the last few posts! The last few months have been draining! I can understand that internal issues can call a halt on recruitment but let people know!

Realistically are they going to call us in 1/2/3 months and offer us a position? Who is still going to be in a position to take it! It’s bizarre!

And to call people’s references!! Totally uncalled for! And now people are left out of work? Absolutely disgraceful
    Well baileybelles sure how would you even know if you were successful or not at the interview at this stage ? If you got an offer in 2/3 months time with a start date a month later would you take it and hand in your notice and make arrangements ?? It is completely shabby treatment for all concerned ...... even allowing for what has occurred which could not be helped . I just don’t understand why they didn’t contact people 2-3 weeks after interview letting them know whether they were successful or not and maybe saying there is a problem so starting may be delayed , at least people could make choices and plans . It doesn’t bode well really if this is how they treat potential cabin crew who are in fact the backbone of the airline or face of the airline but you get my drift ... I’m still annoyed obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 1 atcp

I was called mid February to offer me a position and starting training on the 13th May. Done all the paperwork, references and airport id to get a phone call on Tuesday to tell me my training is cancelled and either I go to cork or I’m placed in a panel for 6 months... anyone knows if after 6 months you’ve to reapply again or would we be considered for next years recruitment? I presume if loads of people haven’t heard anything then we must be all on the same boat...

Well baileybelles sure how would you even know if you were successful or not at the interview at this stage ? If you got an offer in 2/3 months time with a start date a month later would you take it and hand in your notice and make arrangements ?? It is completely shabby treatment for all concerned ...... even allowing for what has occurred which could not be helped . I just don’t understand why they didn’t contact people 2-3 weeks after interview letting them know whether they were successful or not and maybe saying there is a problem so starting may be delayed , at least people could make choices and plans . It doesn’t bode well really if this is how they treat potential cabin crew who are in fact the backbone of the airline or face of the airline but you get my drift ... I’m still annoyed obviously

I completely agree with you. It’s most definitely left a bad taste in my mouth with the company! To be honest I reckon we will all be told we were not successful and to reapply next year! If we even get any response at all!

Regardless Waiting 8-9 weeks on a response is ridiculous even based on previous years response times!

And knowing what we know now regarding training being cancelled is just beyond words! Clearly HR and Recruitment are all over the place and have absolutely no idea how to handle the situation. Surely for such a huge company some sort of plan B would be put into operation? It’s not rocket science.

I still can’t get my head around how they can tell people they are successful, ring their referees, expect them to hand in notice, organise training AND THEN revoke offer! I’m sure there are a few people a lot worse off now than before this whole process started.

Hopefully this thread helps a lot of people next year and will serve as a warning to not put all your eggs in one basket if you do get an offer. This year seems to be the worst ( most disorganized/haywire) process yet in comparison to the last few years. We were all prepared for a wait but this has simply gone to far!

atcp wrote: »
    I was called mid February to offer me a position and starting training on the 13th May. Done all the paperwork, references and airport id to get a phone call on Tuesday to tell me my training is cancelled and either I go to cork or I’m placed in a panel for 6 months... anyone knows if after 6 months you’ve to reapply again or would we be considered for next years recruitment? I presume if loads of people haven’t heard anything then we must be all on the same boat...

Oh my god that is awful! I have no idea about the panel but I’m so sorry you’re in this situation. Did you already hand in your notice or is your current job safe?

atcp wrote: »

Don’t worry you are not alone !! There are limited positions in Cork and those jobs will be offered on merit .... if you were offered it maybe you should consider it ? At least it’s a foot in the door for you . The panel is for 6 months and then you would have to re-apply , but they recruit in October for work and training commencing March/April/May and contracts are for 6 or 9 months , does anyone get taken on in October ???? Could you perhaps take the position you were offered in Cork and rent ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Whitsundays93

Reading the past few pages of this thread, wow! :o

Does anyone know if any of the training dates commenced or if its just Cork?

Is anyone thinking of applying for Emirates this April?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LauralB

Yeah, I was thinking of applying. The open day is on the 22nd of April I think. It’s meant to be a very long and tough process but you can only try :-)

LauralB wrote: »

Yeah, I was thinking of applying. The open day is on the 22nd of April I think. It’s meant to be a very long and tough process but you can only try :-)
    It looks very professional with high standards ,but they have time lines every step of the way , you would not be left hanging .. apply anyway and get the experience . I think they employ 20,000 cabin crew or 50,000 read it somewhere so they have their recruitment process very finely tuned

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Aviationman

like wise as i posted earlier in the thread i was offered a position on the 13th of May training course, i attended my medical completed all paper work for airport badges and got a call last week to say that my training was no longer going ahead. My partner works for the airline as cabin crew and has inside information if you like and they planned on training 8 groups this year and have cut it to 6. so groups 7&8 have been cancelled. I was offered a position in cork which i won’t take as my partner lives in Dublin and I live in the UK at the moment and was suppose to be moving over to live with him and operate out of Dublin. I asked how likely it would be that we wouldn’t be used from the panel and they just don’t know. every year they always end up taking on more than they expect so don’t give up hope. they might need people thats why they haven’t said that you guys were unsuccessful. I know it’s not right but it’s the way they work and that’s the way they do it every year and we’re no different unfortunately. the woman said in her 8 years of working in the company she’s never had to take back a job offer but unfortunately as these new aircrafts have been delayed their plans for 2019 have changed.

• Advertisement

also the first training group was the beggining of march but usually they first few groups are people who have flying experience with other airlines but the training has commenced yes

also the first training group was the beggining of march but usually they first few groups are people who have flying experience with other airlines but the training has commenced yes

Well I suppose it’s some consolation to you as you were offered Cork, thanks for the info you’re very good to share it. I think they seem to be saying different things to different people which is not good ..... it’s all a lottery and I’m glad that people with flying experience have already been training. It doesn’t make sense to me about being on a panel for 6 months ... like when does the 6 months begin etc .... from the date of interviews ? It’s been an extremely painful process ... and one that just to me is extremely shoddy . I hope you will get offered something at some stage

the only people on the panel are those who were offered a place on the two training courses that have been cancelled. I received a letter explaining why the corse had been cancelled and to say i was on a panel startting 6 months from when the letter is dated. i’m presuming they haven’t told you anything because they don’t want to put their eggs into one basket incase they end up needing people. but as for us we were offered a position and had started the process that’s why they have been communicating with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Prai101

I assume I didn't make the cut, when I rang this week I was told its stalled , for now .

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Whitsundays93

Hi all, called this morning and told recruitment had stalled, then received a call back later in the afternoon and was told I was placed on a panel for 6 months!?! But nothing about Cork was mentioned to me.

Mixed emotions about it really, can only hope that recruitment unfreezes till then!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Prai101

Did u give your name when u called , I didn’t , just out of interest , ie did it prompt them to check your position etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Maybefkyer

Hi all I'm just off the phone from aerlingus recruitment and the lady told me the process is still on going!!
    So I said so I could still be in with a chance and she said yes !
    So I'm going to hang in there and hope for the best !

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭popers98

Maybefkyer wrote: »
    Hi all I'm just off the phone from aerlingus recruitment and the lady told me the process is still on going!!
    So I said so I could still be in with a chance and she said yes !
    So I'm going to hang in there and hope for the best !

I’ve just been in contact with Aer Lingus. I was told yet again that the process was still ongoing. I was told they are trying to organise training dates, classes, trainers etc. I was told to wait until May and if I heard nothing contact them again... do I just put my life on hold??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Flyflyfast

Does anyone know for future reference what the medical entails? Like is it a standard drug test ,vision and heart?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Maybefkyer

Hi all just got an email saying I was unsuccessful!!!
    Best of luck to you all !!!
    Maybe our paths will cross again !!

Advertisement