Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Doing Money

• 05-11-2018 11:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone watched this? Edge of the seat stuff. Fantastic acting all round but particularly from the lead rolle. shocking to believe this exists in our own community.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭enricoh

anewme wrote: »
    Has anyone watched this? Edge of the seat stuff. Fantastic acting all round but particularly from the lead rolle. shocking to believe this exists in our own community.

Yeah, thought it was excellent. True story too, i heard the girl on radio a few months ago, i think she has a book out. Hard to believe it happens in this day and age. Iirc on the radio she said all the kidnappers got away with it. Pure scum.
    10 times better than that taken down imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Yip I enjoyed it, seemed to have gone relatively unnoticed. Fair play to the Nordie Sick Boy if that bit is true, made me thing there are at least a few decent lads left and proud to be Irish( apart from his other side projects)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I followed up and read a bit more about Ana. She's still very much in recovery. This happened in 2011. Her dentist said her teeth were consistent with someone on a major car crash.

The scriptwriter and author had to leave out a lot of what happened to her- no one would have been able to handle it.

She testified against the gang leader couple- they got 3 years. They laughed as they were being led down.

There has been a lot of cases of modern skavery coming out lately. The book should be thrown at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Watched this and it really struck me. Was a very tough watch.

I would like to listen to her interview with Pat Kenny. Is it available online? Also is the book available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Watched this and it really struck me. Was a very tough watch.

I would like to listen to her interview with Pat Kenny. Is it available online? Also is the book available?

Don't know about the interview but the book Slave by Anna is in book depository

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭penno

Excellent film, very harrowing, the fact it is going on in our streets/neighborhoods right under our noses is very sad.
    We should all be more vigilant to this unfamiliar crime, (we always think the girl/woman is happy to do this type of work, after all she gets paid enough!) Whoever you lads are, who use these services hopefully after watching this film, might think twice and report anything that doesn't seem right.
    I don't know what kind of laws we have here to deal with this type of crime but i'd guess they are very dated or non existent which would make Ireland a haven.

Advertisement