Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something up with webhost.ie ?

Options
  • 06-11-2018 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I've registered a domain with these guys for the last few year. I paid for annual registration in sept but as of last week I don't get emails and the url isn't there when I type it in browser. On whois.com it shows the site as "Involuntary NRP". I've raised a ticket and emailed a couple of times and got no reply and their phone number rings out. It is odd as usually they are quick at getting back. Am I paranoid or is there an issue with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

http://webhost.ie/

comes up here.

Contact details on the site
    Contact Details
    Sales:
    sales@webhost.ie

Support:
    support@webhost.ie

Spam Reporting:
    reportspam@webhost.ie

Accounts:
    accounts@webhost.ie

Tel: +353 1 4948034
    9.30am to 5.00pm Mon to Fri

Fax: +353 1 4948035

Postal Address
    WebHost.ie Ltd
    10 Beverly Park
    Beverly Court
    Templeogue
    Dublin 16
    Ireland

Company Reg No: 329792
    VAT Reg No: IE 6349792M

Directors:
    David Farrelly, James Farrelly

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pywacket

Thanks for that. Yeah I emailed the accounts and support email addresses a few times and called the number but it rang out. Like I say they were usually very quick to get back. That Involuntary NRP seems to be when renewal fee hasn't been paid to the IEDR. I emailed the IEDR earlier to see what the scoop was as it looks like they delete the domain after a period of non payment. From their site it says "Domains enter NRP if payment is not received by the day after the renewal date (renewal date plus 1 day). The Administrative Contact will be contacted by email to inform them that the deletion process has now begun for the domain name. Domains enter NRP on the next day after their renewal date. Domains are suspended on renewal date + 40 days and will be deleted from the .ie database on renewal date +70 days." So it looks like I paid webhost for the domain renewal but they haven't paid the IEDR. Just wondering if anyone knew anything about them. Up to this my experience has always been very positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Stal

I'm having the same trouble. No reply to emails and no answer from the phone...

Thanks for that. I am fed up as I just paid 120 euro in Sept for hosting and domain renewal. IEDR came back to me saying

"If you can’t contact Webhost, we would recommend to transfer the domain to another registrar. You can find our accredited registrar list here: iedr.ie/register-a-domain/accredited-registrar-list/.

However, please note that this domain is not registered under your name, and to transfer this domain, the current Domain Holder, will need an authorisation code (Authcode). This can be obtained by the Domain Holder, on the Console at: console.iedr.ie/index.php?r=authcodePortal/request, or it can also be issued by us.

Hi folks, webhost sent me an email Thurs eve saying I'd be back up in a couple of hours. Huzzah. No explanation for the outage or apology for the inconvenience or lack of response but am glad to be back up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hi guys,

I'm locking this thread as we don't allow discussions of web hosting providers on boards. You can review here for more details.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement