Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Claims

Options
  • 06-11-2018 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Parcel Motel lost my parcel about 3 weeks ago... Asked for €50 refund and they stated will send to claims department. Claims department came back stating that they can't reimburse me as the delivered item was liquids which they cant process/reimburse. How they know what was in it if they lost it? Had liquids delivered before and subquently no problem as they packed correctly.

Can I go any way legal to this to reimburse me as feel shafted via them??

23. on their terms and conditions says cant accept liquids if damaged packaging but amazon and supplier never stated that packaging was damaged when delivered..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi Op

you accept their terms and conditions when you agree to use their service. Whilst that doesnt take precedence over laws and consumer protections, it does limit your scope for redress.

can i ask were you forwarding on a package to yourself from UK? Were you returning a package?

What made you say "but amazon and supplier never stated that packaging was damaged when delivered"? i mean i have never had a supplier state packaging was damaged in a decade+ of ordering online. Are parcel motel saying they lost your package, or claiming it was undeliverable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 woods1977

Yup was being sent a package from the UK.. They first stated it was lost... Then two weeks later stated I couldn't claim back money as was originally liquid sent and they don't accept liquid delivery... but they have sent me liquids before!...

Line 23 on their terms and conditions state that they cannot accept liquids in unsafe packaging... but amazon or the supplier never stated to me that the packaging was inadequate for delivery!... Small claims court if no money re-transferred back into my account??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I'd be leaning towards the practical here.

if you went to SCC, the fee is €25. if your total claim is €50 and you spend just 1 days work in paperwork, and effort, time in court etc, that would leave you well out of pocket. and that's assuming you win.

In all honesty i would just pursue all avenues of complaint within PM. If thats exhausted, I'd contact consumer organisations to see if you can get them to reconsider. I'd also use social media eg @ParcelMotel etc.

but SCC doesn't seem to make economic sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Are the liquids possibly not allowed under another part of the T&C's also?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RogerLatham

I’d say you have been lucky up to now. Looks like this consignment leaked. The fact that it leaks (in their view) means the package was damaged and hence they are not liable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

woods1977 wrote: »
    Yup was being sent a package from the UK.. They first stated it was lost... Then two weeks later stated I couldn't claim back money as was originally liquid sent and they don't accept liquid delivery... but they have sent me liquids before!...

Line 23 on their terms and conditions state that they cannot accept liquids in unsafe packaging... but amazon or the supplier never stated to me that the packaging was inadequate for delivery!... Small claims court if no money re-transferred back into my account??

Are you expecting Amazon or the seller to say that they send product out in unsuitable packaging? Good luck with that, Amazon do it a lot of the time.

Advertisement