Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Masters - series 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Glad about the two sent home... could not watch them again :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Agreed, they were just a bit too loved up and had to go.

But I bet Lego marketing department were annoyed that the only adult female was booted out in week one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The two guys who built the Alien Invasion floor have to be the favourites, that was an exceptionally cool piece of work. Couldn't get over how worried the younger guy was at the end since they were so clearly miles ahead of the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Sleepy wrote: »
    The two guys who built the Alien Invasion floor have to be the favourites, that was an exceptionally cool piece of work. Couldn't get over how worried the younger guy was at the end since they were so clearly miles ahead of the competition.

I agree but not as far ahead. I thought a tap into their sci fi brains would bring a result. I think the Father and Daughter girls MI6 was a brilliant idea and with more time could have been more polished (if she had let him!). Having said that the 2 lads remind me of the other 2 lads who won last year.

I really loved how everyone was rooting for everyone elses bridge to survive

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I was pretty impressed with the two young boys ground floor. Despite being at a disadvantage with their building skills (the bridge was funny with it being two completely different types that just happened to meet in the middle) they certainly met the fun criteria with their floor.

I'd like to know how the bloke and son in a wheelchair managed to build their bridge without any technic parts in it, but they kind of glossed over that bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭lepoatnam

I was wondering while watching the second build are the base plates that they used available to buy? I know you can get 48x48 stud grey or 32x32 stud green etc from Lego or Smyths but the ones used in the show appeared to be a non standard size. Anyone have any ideas? Only thing I found is a set of small plates 9388 - https://brickset.com/sets/9388-1/Small-building-plates.

robinph wrote: »

I'd like to know how the bloke and son in a wheelchair managed to build their bridge without any technic parts in it, but they kind of glossed over that bit.

Yeah I was quite surprised that the "system bricks" bridge was so solid!

must have been the way they overlapped them on each layer (4-5 layers?) I would say it was heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,796 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Love this show glad it is back.
    I think the asian uncle and the little boy are ones to watch, there skyscraper floor had so much details in it.

robinph wrote: »
    At a guess, using overlapped 8x2s with three levels. Myself and our eldest have built a 3 ft bridge like this at an event down in tayto park and it was surprisingly sturdy.

• Advertisement

Episode two... Can't see the two Irish kids lasting much longer

Well, I had that fairly wrong!

The Irish kids and the Father/Son team with the young lad in a wheelchair look likely to be gone next...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,796 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

mloc123 wrote: »
    Episode two... Can't see the two Irish kids lasting much longer
    They really should have gone this week.

I love the two 9 and 10 year old boys they are doing brilliantly.

Like I said week one I think the asian uncle and his nephew look like the ones to beat for me.

Well, I had that fairly wrong!

The Irish kids and the Father/Son team with the young lad in a wheelchair look likely to be gone next...

The two guys had a bad week... But had much more potential than the two Irish kids IMO.

When the judges came over and told them it was a competition... I wonder had they just been busy messing.

The two lads to get kicked out this week had a bad week, but I think would have been next in line after the brother/ sister and father/ son pairings. Made marketing sense to keep those two pairings in for a bit longer if they can.

The two young boys are doing really well though and their stuff both weeks has been very good I thought, other than the bridge.

The large pirate windmill was very good... the daughter that keeps saying "Daddy!!" is getting a little annoying now.

I though the colosseum was amazing and those lads have to be favourites

The tow Irish kids were caught out by the separate builds this week. They worked very well together, but needed to bounce off each other and it showed.

Dad and son were doing a pretty dull build again, but saved themselves with the kid listening and making changes so they deserved to go through despite only making it by the skin of their teeth in previous weeks. The dad and daughter pair I thought did well and had a very clever build, but was too "clever" and not enough bright colours for the Lego guy.

Advertisement