Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Vegas

Options
  • 06-11-2018 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭

I'm going to Vegas in a few weeks. I've been before, 10 years ago, but the caveat this time is I'm travelling for work and not off on a jolly with the lads for the week.
    Any recommendations to pass the time other than the black jack tables?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

keep an eye on groupon, we got a helicopter flight up and down the strip for about 70 dollars. plus the airport is right at the end of it so its no real hassle to do it. I also did a skydive, but that was only so-so, mainly due to the fact that you're out in the desert and there isn't really any great scenery to admire while you're doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭moonstruck

How about a day trip to the grand canyon ? also you could zip wire over fremont street. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Exiled1

Lots of good things to do in Vegas other than gamble etc.
    Try the Mob Museum which is very entertaining. Fremont St zip wire is great.
    If you wish to travel out to look at the landscape, the Valley of Fire about forty miles north east is a stunning landscape and you will get a half day without too much exertion. You will need a car or join a guided trip.
    South rim of the Grand Canyon is a long bus drive (4-5 hours) from Vegas. However if you can afford it, the helicopter trip (about $400) is quite an experience. Hoover Dam and Lake Mead are ok but you spend much of the day travelling.
    If you travel before May, then the hot weather will not be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Jewelers

smoke some weed its legal there now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Jewelers wrote: »
    smoke some weed its legal there now

Nowhere for a tourist to smoke it though. It's only legal to use it in a private residence, you'll be charged a hefty cleaning fee by your hotel if they detect the smell. There are edibles though

Op as others have said day trips like the grand Canyon, Hoover dam, lake Mead, you could go for a hike in red Rock canyon if you're into that sort of thing, it's only about 20 mins from the strip. Tons of shows you could see too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

A day trip to Death Valley is also an option.

Advertisement