Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polishing/Resealing a concrete floor - anyone in Galway

Options
  • 06-11-2018 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Good morning all,
    I installed a polished concrete floor when I built my house in 2010 and 8 years later we decided to move our kitchen around a bit only to discover that unfortunately a section of floor under the kitchen units wasn't sanded, polished and sealed at the time.
    The area is approximately 3m x 0.5m. Can anyone recommend a company preferably in the West of Ireland, Galway that could sort this problem for me.

Also I must add that I love the floor but after 8 years of traffic it does looks a tad dull, with the odd 'burnt' patch due to kids dropping orange juice, fruit (anything acidic) etc. and also has developed a crack at one of the doors that I'd like to get repaired.

Once again, as above, I'd appreciate if I could get the name of someone in the Galway area. Or has anyone taken a DIY approach to this task?
    Kind regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ElsieT

Hello,

I know this is a long time ago but wondering did you get anyone to repair your floor?

I have stains on mine (fruit juice drops, some laundry dripping in utility room, odd beer or wine spillage) and we are very careful. I'm so disappointed in how impractical this floor is and less than two years old. Never looks clean. Breaks my heart!

Thanks

Advertisement