Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most basic mail relay

• 06-11-2018 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭

As part of a GSuite migration I need to replace Exchange with a bog standard relay server to pass mails to an outsourced spam filtering provider.

In the old days I would have just used IIS's relay server but there is a distinct move to get off Windows for back-office here so I've no available licences.

Postfix seems to be what other parts of the company are using, but its not the simplest to configure. Are there easier options?

Relatively lightweight on memory would be handy too, my VM infrastructure is under a little pressure there but absolutely fine for compute and storage.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭melchior1951

In case you haven't found a solution yet:

I would indeed recommend Postfix. It's lightweight, flexible and industry standard, which means you will find a solution online to any problem you might have.

Configuration is actually not that complicated. In your case, just setting up a relay that accepts mail from trusted networks and relays to another server, you're probably good to go with the standard configuration from your Linux distribution and just configuring the relayhost.

Advertisement