If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos Setup Query

Options
  • 06-11-2018 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

So after much thought I have decided to go with Sonos over other brands for my soundbar, My question is would you go with a Beam and two play 1 speakers or go with a playbar. My budget is €700-€800. My viewing seat is about 12ft from the TV and the sitting room is about 11ft wide.

I have heard the Beam in a store and was very impressed with it but haven't had a chance to listen to the playbar I am wondering would the playbar be overkill for my room size. I was also looking at the Yamaha YSP 2700 but cannot find a store near me to demo it and also thinking the Sonos will hold value above the Yamaha system. Big decision with spending this much money on a sound bar :eek:

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Lads,

So after much thought I have decided to go with Sonos over other brands for my soundbar, My question is would you go with a Beam and two play 1 speakers or go with a playbar. My budget is €700-€800. My viewing seat is about 12ft from the TV and the sitting room is about 11ft wide.

I have heard the Beam in a store and was very impressed with it but haven't had a chance to listen to the playbar I am wondering would the playbar be overkill for my room size. I was also looking at the Yamaha YSP 2700 but cannot find a store near me to demo it and also thinking the Sonos will hold value above the Yamaha system. Big decision with spending this much money on a sound bar :eek:
    Hi Lord Spence.

Both the bar and the beam are great products.

They have a few differences with the beam having the HDMI as standard with an optical adapter included. The HDMI does allow for a more detailed audio.
    The Beam has Alexa built in were as the bar does not.
    The Bar has 9 drivers to the 5 of the beam.

For me the beam with the 2 Play 1's as rears would be the option to go for over just the Bar.
    Adding the 2 play 1's will really finish off the setup and give a better feel to movies. Also if you like you can use the play 1 in other rooms when not using as part of the home cinema setup. 
    I could do the Beam and 2 play 1's for £663 in total delivered.

The YSP2700 also sound very good and uses MusicCast to allow you to connect other Yamaha products for multi room like Sonos.
    Samsung have a cash back offer running at the moment on this if you purchase one for their new MusicCast speakers along with it.
    https://www.richersounds.com/yamaha-ysp2700-blk.html

The YSP2700 has more connections over both the beam and the bar and of course includes a subwoofer. Priced at £689.00. i could bring this down to the same price as the Sonos setup at £663.00

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Hi Lads,

Hi Lord Spence.

They have a few differences with the beam having the HDMI as standard with an optical adapter included. The HDMI does allow for a more detailed audio.

For me the beam with the 2 Play 1's as rears would be the option to go for over just the Bar.
    Adding the 2 play 1's will really finish off the setup and give a better feel to movies. Also if you like you can use the play 1 in other rooms when not using as part of the home cinema setup. 

The YSP2700 also sound very good and uses MusicCast to allow you to connect other Yamaha products for multi room like Sonos.
    Samsung have a cash back offer running at the moment on this if you purchase one for their new MusicCast speakers along with it.

The YSP2700 has more connections over both the beam and the bar and of course includes a subwoofer. Priced at £689.00. i could bring this down to the same price as the Sonos setup at £663.00

Excellent thanks Kenny, appreciate the update. Gonna hang tight until Black Friday but I will more then likely go with the beam and two play 1's, how long will the beam come with the free 6 year warranty?

Hi Lads,

Hi Lord Spence.

Excellent thanks Kenny, appreciate the update. Gonna hang tight until Black Friday but I will more then likely go with the beam and two play 1's, how long will the beam come with the free 6 year warranty?
    Hi Lord Spence.

No problem at all.

We are currently offing a price promise where if goods are purchased between now and Black Friday and our price on them drops on Black Friday we will refund back any difference in price if the customer drops us a call.

I would say the 6 year on the beam will run at least until the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Hi Lads,

Hi Lord Spence.

Hi Lord Spence.

No problem at all.

We are currently offing a price promise where if goods are purchased between now and Black Friday and our price on them drops on Black Friday we will refund back any difference in price if the customer drops us a call.

I would say the 6 year on the beam will run at least until the new year.
    Great thanks Kenny, will defo be back on the 23rd. Good deal on the price drop promise over black friday but need to get funds together also.

No problem at all Lord Spence.

Drop me a post or PM when your ready.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.