Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche and sickness

• 06-11-2018 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭

My little boy is 14mths now and has been in creche for 1-2 days a week for about 12 weeks now. In that time he has had tonsillitus which required antibiotics, two bad colds and two viral gastro bouts one of which ended up in a & e due to dehydration. He was a CMPA, soy and egg allergies also. Just wondering is that amount of sickness normal? Feel like we havent had a week where either myself, my husband or my little boy are not sick since he started.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Normal..

He is building his immune system. You can either do it now in creche or in a few years when he goes to school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

Normal and he will pass some on to you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Kids are contagious.....

Oh and there illnesses too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭alanc2003

snoopy29 wrote: »
    My little boy is 14mths now and has been in creche for 1-2 days a week for about 12 weeks now. In that time he has had tonsillitus which required antibiotics, two bad colds and two viral gastro bouts one of which ended up in a & e due to dehydration. He was a CMPA, soy and egg allergies also. Just wondering is that amount of sickness normal? Feel like we havent had a week where either myself, my husband or my little boy are not sick since he started.

We had the same with out little girl. It went on for months, she must have picked up everything going. Thankfully it all eased off and now she barely has an illness. I'm afraid you will just have to ride it out but it will get better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭snoopy29

hmmmm ok, Im tired of being sick too and about to start a new job with no sick pay :(
    But thanks for the reassurance, I guess im always worried that because of his allergies he's picking things up far more easily than others his age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭snoopy29

hmmmm ok, Im tired of being sick too and about to start a new job with no sick pay :(
    But thanks for the reassurance, I guess im always worried that because of his allergies he's picking things up far more easily than others his age.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Normal and winter is coming....

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057915334/4/#post108438953

Kids love to share their germs.

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Normal and inevitable. If they don't get the exposure at creche, it'll happen in junior infants.

You can get a powdered pro-biotic that you can add to bottles of milk - but you may want to check given his allergies if this be ok for him to take. That'll help him fight off the germs. When he is a bit older Lidl do nice jelly kids vitamins.

Also to add to your arsenal - A squirt of Nitty Gritty on his head every morning, and every three months or so, give him a dose of worming medicine like Vermox. Trust me. Dealing with them when they are already infested is grim and you basically have to wash every inch of your house several times over to be sure of eradication.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I was wondering if there existed a good preventative spray for head lice Neyite, thanks for the recommendation!

My little lad is soon to start creche, and I'm dreading the illnesses to come because he has been so well since he was born!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭anndub

Same. She started crèche 10 weeks ago and seems to be going from dose to dose with 2 antiobiocs having been required in that time. My husband and I have also enjoyed two vomiting bugs each and some kind of intense head cold that knocked us both for six. She's otherwise strong as an ox so just something that has to be endured for now.

The joys...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭chocfan

Another head lice preventative tip is tea tree oil shampoo! Aldi do it for 99c

When my little girl had it from creche last year, the pharmacist recommended the tea tree-said she uses it on her own kids and has never had an appearance of the little horrors! We just use it all the time now as her normal shampoo and they haven't come back so hoping it'll stay like that!

Advertisement