Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Rumble 2019 *Spoilers* (No betting odds)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

ERG89 wrote: »

No good without a buzzer. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Guys ,
    Cena at 12/1 with PP.

Yes or no.

I say "no" to posting odds in here.
    So if that's going to happen, I'm backing out of this thread

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mod Hat on: Lads and lasses, please keep betting odds out of this thread. They tend not to be "speculative spoilers" but full on ones, as they usually are bang on the money. There's a seperate thread to discuss betting odds, found here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056587637&page=61

I've placed the above behind a spoiler warning too (though, mod hat off, anyone keeping the vaguest track of wrestling news would avoid that bet like the plague..... :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Apologies for the betting talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Seen the rumour mill has run a mile with
    Roman
    being a possible entrant. The rag sites don't even have the bottle to mention him out right and instead are being coy because they know how ludicrous it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Anyone think Adam Cole or The Dream will be in the Rumble tonight? Both didn't wrestle at Takeover last night.

EDIT : Just coped they are in that Worlds Collide Tournament. Probably rules them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Cole was in the rumble last year so would be no surprise. Velveteen sure why not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

There’s always at least one NXT guy in the Rumble, I’m sure this year will be no different. Last year we had Andrade and Cole, Dillinger in 2017, Zayn in 2016, nobody in 2015 but Rusev was in the year before that.

I’d be very surprised if we don’t see Dream in it tonight, don’t think Cole will be given the chance two years in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Love the rumble match but im still undecided if i'll get the network back to watch, could be a last minute decision

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Love the rumble match but im still undecided if i'll get the network back to watch, could be a last minute decision

My stream for NXT was so bad last night I’m tempted to start WWE network again, they are consistent at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I think it's appropriate to post this video give the day that's in it. Now obviously you need to imagine vince shouting over the music and nearly having a banger saying the worlds royal rumble. Ah good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hoping it's a surprise winner tonight someone unexpected but with the ability to carry the potential match at mania and the next 9 weeks of build up.

I'm hoping Brock Vs Finn is match of the night rather than a squash. I'm wanting Miz and Shane O"Mac vs The Bar puts on a good show too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

AJ Styles appearing on Steven Crowder this week, and fully coming out of the closet as a conservative, made me love him even more.

Also, it helps build his match with Bryan.

Bryan is playing the ultimate whiny, coastal SJW. And AJ is the baseball cap wearing, religious redneck.

And AJ is the face.

It's been a while since WWE got the heel/face dynamic this spot on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ugh I feel so dirty re-ordering the WWE Network but I just couldn't help myself.

Some treats in and planning what pizza to order at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Necro wrote: »
    Ugh I feel so dirty re-ordering the WWE Network but I just couldn't help myself.

There's talk about a $19.99 'premium' WWE Network being announced after the rumble. I have a pizza here too

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    There's talk about a $19.99 'premium' WWE Network being announced after the rumble. I have a pizza here too

It's only a matter of time before they start tiering the services in fairness, surprised it hasn't been done already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone else prefer the Rumble to Mania itself?

It's like pre drinks compared to an actual night out

It's almost more fun thinking about what XYZ vs Lesnar will be and what it will be like, like I was way happier at Nakamura winning the Rumble and setting up the match vs Styles than at any stage during the actual match

• Advertisement

It's like pre drinks compared to an actual night out

It's almost more fun thinking about what XYZ vs Lesnar will be and what it will be like, like I was way happier at Nakamura winning the Rumble and setting up the match vs Styles than at any stage during the actual match

It's my favourite PPV. Finn in the title match makes it even better for me

I prefer the actual Rumble matches much more than almost anything at Mania.

For the spectacle though, Mania trumps the Rumble as an overall event. IMO, anyways.

I prefer the actual Rumble matches much more than almost anything at Mania.

For the spectacle though, Mania trumps the Rumble as an overall event. IMO, anyways.

My favourite part of Mania is the special entrances which really make it a spectacle, too much though you get the big fight type entrances only to then have to sit through a slow rest heavy HHH match, at least at the Rumble when you get the surprise of the music they're in action straight away

On the pizza front - chicago town, or load up one of the cheap aldi ones with enough extra cheese that half of it doesnt cook :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Out of curiosity, are most of ye watching it live and heading into work tomorrow then? Fair fks if if you are. Nice 5pm (2pm) start here. I struggled with the live ppvs back in tne day even as a young lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Not in until Wednesday this week, so I’ll be here all night and tomorrow for the post Rumble Raw. :D

Yep always my favourite ppv of the year, not so much these days, old enough to remember the 1st, (good god) and Hacksaw Jim Duggan, 97 probably my favourite, although 92 was good to, apart from Hogan helping Flair by getting Sid over the rope was a bit meh

TimesArrow wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, are most of ye watching it live and heading into work tomorrow then? Fair fks if if you are. Nice 5pm (2pm) start here. I struggled with the live ppvs back in tne day even as a young lad

Off tomorrow, just back from Engerland and not in till Tuesday.

So yeah here all night!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea im trying to think what pizza to get too (although ive to try get it delivered to the door without waking the parents up ha)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Is there any reason dolph ziggler won't be in the rumble match??

• Advertisement

I have a feeling if there is an NXT superstar in the rumble i feel it might be Aliester Black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Velveteen Dream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Apache pizza. BBQ sauce, cajun chicken, sausage and Bourbon BBQ beef and garlic cheese chips. Starving already.

G'wan Finn and Becky. Boo the Woo. Dream and Io to be the NXT entrants.

Do EC3 and the other guys count as NXT these days? I'd say a few of them will show up in the Rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So according to Sean Ross Sapp,
    the men's Rumble match is currently set to main event the PPV

Do EC3 and the other guys count as NXT these days? I'd say a few of them will show up in the Rumble.

I dont think so since technically they have left NXT already , id say all the NXT call ups will be in the rumble.

• Advertisement

So what are people’s final predictions for the Rumbles?

I think we’ll get 1 winner the fans will be happy with and 1 where we wont be as much - it’ll be either Rollins and Charlotte/Nia, or Becky and Strowman

Lacey and Nikki
    are in the promo shot for the women's rumble anyway.

Off tomorrow but will wait until tomorrow to watch since can fast forward through some of it. I enjoy the Rumble matches because of surprise entrants and the entrances are close enough together to keep things moving, for the most part.
    And this year I have no idea who will win.

The bigger question is, is there any reason he should be in it ;)

I'm assuming preshow at 10 and main show at 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm assuming preshow at 10 and main show at 12?

Assumed correctly.

• Advertisement

Aye, just watching last night's NXT as a warm up :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

On a "hiatus", rumoured that he wants out of his contract to go to AEW.

How to I add spoiler tags on mobile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭turdball

Think I'll have a double hot whiskey now and go to bed. Up at 12, Bed at four, Up for half seven.

Wish Now I just booked a half day off. Won't make the same mistake for Mania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Lord TSC wrote: »
    On a "hiatus", rumoured that he wants out of his contract to go to AEW.

Well bollox to that. I bet 50 euro that he'd be in the rumble

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    How to I add spoiler tags on mobile?

[ SPOILER ] [ /SPOILER ]

Without the spaces

John Cena will not compete in the Royal rumble according to the WWE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Had a quick nap up now

YouTube til the pre show

Can't wait for this