Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Rumble 2019 *Spoilers* (No betting odds)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The thread title says NO BETTING ODDS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Well that's the men's rumble ruined. Says it in the thread title, for fúck sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Checking in just about to watch the pre show. enjoy folks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Going to try stay up for the night , as I’m off tomorrow but late nights I can’t do. I even fell asleep at the start of NXT last night .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Shocking the betting odds were posted here. I popped in to join the craic like every year and it feels like it’s been spoiled now :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

4 championship matches at the Rumnle, and 3 Irish folks in them!

Amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Cena's replacement has been announced
    Get These Hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Preshow for anyone looking

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Where are all these people coming from with spoilers.... :(

tenor.gif

• Advertisement

turdball wrote: »
    Think I'll have a double hot whiskey now and go to bed. Up at 12, Bed at four, Up for half seven.

Wish Now I just booked a half day off. Won't make the same mistake for Mania.

I have tomorrow off work due to a sick cert (I have a chest infection) but I will miss Wrestlemania live as I'm on holidays that weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Life time ban for that clown posting betting odds. Rumble ruined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Necro wrote: »
    Where are all these people coming from with spoilers.... :(

tenor.gif

I know pissed off now

Will they read the ****ing title

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh yes Necro bring on the gifs!!

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I know pissed off now

Will they read the ****ing title

Happens every year. I really should just go dark but I'm waiting to see if there are any more entrants into the Rumble pool so was hanging around till then.

Yeah, I usually read along with the thread while watching on the Monday but then someone just randomly pops in to say something about odds or someone backstage. And it's nearly always someone who rarely posts in this forum.

On another note, wonder if Mandy is Sonya's type. :pac:

These numbers videos should ignore the Greatest Royal Rumble.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Oh yes Necro bring on the gifs!!

How we deal with odds posters in here:

MZMA.gif

I’m a odd poster but more of a lurker in this forum. Should I leave now ??:D

How we deal with odds posters in here

UR0r.gif

bigron2109 wrote: »

Same I rarely post as I don't watch Raw/SD live but comment occasionally ie Romans Cancer announcement and events after tag match that night.

Nah, all are welcome, as long as they don't try to spoil it for everyone else :)

• Advertisement

Nah, all are welcome, as long as they don't try to spoil it for everyone else :)

Ahhh yeah I get you. What I seen on the previous page, I’m trying to forget about it and just enjoy the excitement.

lycan238 wrote: »
    Same I rarely post as I don't watch Raw/SD live but comment occasionally ie Romans Cancer announcement and events after tag match that night.

Ah sure ye're all welcome. Unless you spoil things then those gifs apply. :)

And sure who here wouldn't be classed as odd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I’ve never checked odds for a wrestling event in my life, can someone tell me if odds are a good indicator to who will win? Is it almost a dead cert that the favourite in the bookies wins it?

Actually how is it even possible to bet on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Bryan is just amazing

The entrance is kinda strange isn’t it. Not sure I am fond of that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Gable/Roode vs half of AOP & the revival??

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Strowman to team with that burger at Mania And become tag champs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

GSPfan wrote: »
    I’ve never checked odds for a wrestling event in my life, can someone tell me if odds are a good indicator to who will win? Is it almost a dead cert that the favourite in the bookies wins it?

Actually how is it even possible to bet on it?

99.9% of time it’s the fav. That’s why wrestling fans hate odds posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

Not a fan of the entrance stage. Camera man just took the biggest bump of the night.
    When did this Raw Tag Team match get added?

Can't watch the actual Rumble till tomorrow so will have to disappear from here soon. Happy Rumble folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

That entrance ramp looks weird with no large screen over the entrance.

• Advertisement

That entrance ramp looks weird with no large screen over the entrance.

Yea its weird alright with no big screens. I thought they were gonna use the different tunnels as entrances?

99.9% of time it’s the fav. That’s why wrestling fans hate odds posted.

Thanks. Well now i know why people are pissed.

This tag match doesn’t make sense. ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

I used to bet and think I lost on a favorite 4 times but took enjoyment away from watching PPVs.

Half AOP is injured. Apparently it’s not for the tag titles but if Dawson and Razar win. AOP and the revival win tag team title shots.

Yea its weird alright with no big screens. I thought they were gonna use the different tunnels as entrances?

Also half the fun of the Rumble matches is seeing the clock countdown on the big trons. Surely it will make it hard for some sections of the arena to see what is going on??

Look, I think I’d have picked that person as a potential winner anyway unless there is a surprise entrant but yeah what are people doing posting odds, it’s done purposely no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Actually a fan of the entrance ramp, not as good as royal rumble 2008(MSG NYC) but get sick of the standard WWE stage set up

I have a prediction but I need to know the running order first.
    If Becky v Asuka is on before the women’s Rumble then I think Becky enters the Rumble and her and Charlotte are the last two women standing. I’d go for Becky. (I’m assuming Asuka wins the title match somehow)

If Strowman is in the Rumble I have a sneaky feeling Strowman interferes in Brocks match to cost him the title and Brock interferes in the Rumble to knock Strowman out. I could see R-Truth being attacked and Brock coming out at number 30.

Did JBL just give away the winner of the women's Rumble?

• Advertisement

No idea , Im not really paying to much attention to the preshow just have it on in the background

d00mk1n wrote: »
    Actually a fan of the entrance ramp, not as good as royal rumble 2008(MSG NYC) but get sick of the standard WWE stage set up

Yeah very true. The pay per views should be as unique as they can to prevent it looking like a Raw/SD. Any variation to the stsndard setup is fine by me if I’m watching from my tv.

did he??? I must not be listening fully then.

Anyway GSP that post is quite plausible and could happen. As I am not a regular poster here should speculation like that be in spoiler tags?

I really prefer Nakamura's theme without the words. I also have heard a version on an electric violin which I thought was great.

Anyway GSP that post is quite plausible and could happen. As I am not a regular poster here should speculation like that be in spoiler tags?

Oh god I’m totally guessing based on the storylines running up to the event. It’s based on nothing other than pure speculation.

Although i might go tag it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lana

Jesus Christ

• Advertisement

No idea , Im not really paying to much attention to the preshow just have it on in the background

Same here but sounded like he said WHEN "persons name" wins and will have to choose who to face at Wrestlemania. Maybe he was paraphrasing from her point of view.

Anyway, is this a baseball stadium and is the entrance coming form the dug outs??

Nah, it's fine to speculate imo, none of us have the inside track as far as I know.

Well apart from Monokne and Paul :pac:

(Joking mate, just couldn't help myself :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

Rusev reminds me of the Canadian barman in First Dates Ireland

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Lana

Jesus Christ

Also is it coincidence that the Royal Rumble is taking place on Rusev Day????

I tagged it anyway just to be sure. Hate being that guy who ruins anything. Imagine my guessing was correct, people would feel like they had it spoiled. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement