Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir 1901 Cancellations

Options
  • 06-11-2018 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I've tried 1901 menu and the 1800 number cancellation number three times today, been on hold for 30 minutes before being cut off each times with nobody having picked up at the other end. Like any normal human being I can't take time off work to deal with the phone company, can you advise me what is the best way to contact Eir in order to cancel my service?

It's extremely frustrating having to spend so much time at this. Can you give me an email address to send my cancellation notification to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gofree

Try the online chat very good

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭grebtol2

gofree wrote: »
    Try the online chat very good
    No. They "don't have access" to cancellations and say I must call 1901. They have no other information.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

With extremely long queuing times in mind, currently there are three practical ways you can cancel your account.

1. Calling cancellation team. I know it's long, I work with eir and have to be on hold the same way. It's possible to get an answer, just takes a while.

2. Online complaint. If you submit the online form complaint, that it's next to impossible to reach the cancellations team then they will contact you themselves.

3. Comreg complaint. If you get nowhere after trying to reach cancellations team, and after submitting the complaint. Then you should submit complaint to the comreg, as it is illegal to deny you from cancelling your account. So they will force eir into contacting you regarding this question.

(4. Sending a letter. Officially there's also an option to send a letter. But I personally don't see this as a practical option in this day and age.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

grebtol2 wrote: »
    I've tried 1901 menu and the 1800 number cancellation number three times today, been on hold for 30 minutes before being cut off each times with nobody having picked up at the other end. Like any normal human being I can't take time off work to deal with the phone company, can you advise me what is the best way to contact Eir in order to cancel my service?

It's extremely frustrating having to spend so much time at this. Can you give me an email address to send my cancellation notification to?
    Hi grebtol2, 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having getting through to our cancellation team, I understand your frustrations. 

We are aware of the long hold times and have a message posted here in relation to it. 

I'm afraid we are unable to process cancellations from here, this has to be done with them directly via 1901. 

I'm sorry it's not better news.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

grebtol2 wrote: »

Hi grebtol2, 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having getting through to our cancellation team, I understand your frustrations. 

We are aware of the long hold times and have a message posted here in relation to it. 

I'm afraid we are unable to process cancellations from here, this has to be done with them directly via 1901. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Tracey
    Can you post the address and/email address on here which will accept cancellations. These are the other options which are available to Éir customers who wish to cancel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

What about a registered letter, quoting date and time of the first attempt to cancel (from phone logs), and giving official notification from that date?
    Then cancel all payments, taking into account any payments that might be necessary when you cancel.
    Keep a copy of the letter.

Would that not solve the problem?
    It sure would prevent all the frustration and time wasting should it be sufficient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi All,

The information on how to cancel and get in touch can be found below.

https://www.eir.ie/support/billing/how-to-cancel-your-eir-services/

Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi All,

The information on how to cancel and get in touch can be found below.

https://www.eir.ie/support/billing/how-to-cancel-your-eir-services/

Thanks,

Can you confirm what the address is for cancelling in writing? It says in the ceasing section on that link you provided that you can cancel in writing however no address is given under that heading and the only address listed on that page is for switching providers and it says that address can only be used for that and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭grebtol2

Hi grebtol2, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

So what do you do when it is IMPOSSIBLE to make contact on 1901 or 1800 cancellation numbers? That avenue is closed. What do you do?

I've been cut off 5 times.

They talk about regulation, but these practical things should be heavily regulated. There should be mandatory call back features, mandatory email and postal contacts. Whip these companies into shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dmcguq10

Was on the phone to eir cancellations team for over 2 hours last week. I placed a order for home fibre broadband and a engineer called and said there is no cable in my area he said I should cancel my order. I rang eir and they said that I refused to let the engineer enter my house which was lies I rang the engineer and put him on loudspeaker and he confirmed they were telling lies.

Thankfully, I managed to get the account cancelled in the end and moved to virgin media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭chewed

WTF is going on in Eir????? Please, can one of the representatives here come clean!  I can't get hold of anyone to change my order on 1901. I'm told to go to the online chat only to be passed from department to department and to be eventually told I need to call 1901 as they can't deal with my query!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Sorry Tracy but when the real cause of the issues have been reported in the papers frequently over the last few weeks it doesn't look good when a Rep comes on here and links to a dishonest evaluation of what is happening within Eir customer support right. 

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/eir-to-insource-950-jobs-after-it-ends-call-centre-contract-1.3625758

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gerard1970

See this thread on how to get to talk to somebody:

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057924065

1. Go the Comreg site and click on "Queries & Complaints". https://www.comreg.ie/queries-complaints.
    2. Click on got a question. There's an option there to start a WebChat, but this wasn't working on Friday, so I just filled in the on-line form and laid out the facts, as I saw them.
    3. When that was done, I then went to the eir Complaints page - https://www.eir.ie/complaints, clicked on "Log a Complaint" tab and clicked on the option to send an email.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

chewed wrote: »
    WTF is going on in Eir????? Please, can one of the representatives here come clean!  I can't get hold of anyone to change my order on 1901. I'm told to go to the online chat only to be passed from department to department and to be eventually told I need to call 1901 as they can't deal with my query!

Hi there,

Our call centre agents should be able to deal with any queries you may have however we are experiencing long delays at the moment due to a high level of calls in queue.

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi there,

Our call centre agents should be able to deal with any queries you may have however we are experiencing long delays at the moment due to a high level of calls in queue.

Thanks,

Sarah
    Eir cancels the outsourced contract for customer care with a company that employs 650 people and you're saying the problem for the last two month is because too many people are calling? Like I said before, it's been reported in the papers. Why does Eir feel the need to be dishonest and caught up in an obvious lie?
    Just admit you are restricting your costumer care section and it will take a few months for waiting times to return to normal. 

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Hi there,

Thanks,

Sarah
    Sarah
    Can you please explain why there is such a high level of calls in the queue and help us to understand your (Eir) difficulties.

I'm more curious about why they have been instructed to lie about the issue when the issue is already public.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Emmersonn wrote: »

Hi there,

Thanks,

Sarah
    Sarah
    Can you please explain why there is such a high level of calls in the queue and help us to understand your (Eir) difficulties.
    Same level of calls as always - just no one to answer them anymore. When you go from circa 700 staff to circa 60 what do you expect to happen....

Can you imagine what the working environment is like right now?

Advertisement