Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Car Park Swords

Options
  • 06-11-2018 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I love the fact that the new Aldi in Swords is a 10 minute drive from where I live.
    but I have to say the car park is awful to try and drive around.

Unless you get there before 10 in the morning its a nightmare. No room, spaces are full and cars double parked and I cant see how they can build on to it.

So ive given up and I will be going back to Aldi in Santry :(:(

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The car park is too small, and Sunday mornings are the worst for parking because it's so busy. I'm looking forward to the one in Rivervalley opening because the car park there is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I prefer either of the Lidls, better parking and that Aldi is missing a bakery for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

People parking there all day ? It’s pretty close to the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    People parking there all day ? It’s pretty close to the village.

Wouldn't surprise me tbh, unless they have a proactive clamping policy to discourage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Inquitus wrote:
    Wouldn't surprise me tbh, unless they have a proactive clamping policy to discourage.

Tweeted them about it after they first opened up. Was up there on school morning and it was packed. Not a spot to be had. And definitely not that many in the store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭londonred

Not enough dedicated checkout staff backlog of people in the shop getting sick of queues in there and checkouts opening and closing all the time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Yes, I once ran up to get something on my lunch break - 2 tills open both had queues. I was waiting more than 10 mins to pay for my 2 items.

They really need an under 10 items basket till.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

If you want that service prepare to pay more for your shopping. It's not Aldi's business model. Aldi have the minimal amount of staff to keep the store ticking over, they don't have multiple staff arsing about on the floor chatting to each other like Dunnes/Tesco etc, hence they can keep prices lower and afford to pay the small number of staff they do have a living wage, again unlike Dunnes and Tesco etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

If you want that service prepare to pay more for your shopping. It's not Aldi's business model. Aldi have the minimal amount of staff to keep the store ticking over, they don't have multiple staff arsing about on the floor chatting to each other like Dunnes/Tesco etc, hence they can keep prices lower and afford to pay the small number of staff they do have a living wage, again unlike Dunnes and Tesco etc.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a decent level of service, no matter how inexpensive a store is. Nobody is looking for frills in Aldi, just an acceptable level of efficiency. If staff in Dunnes are chatting on the floor (although I've never seen this), it's not affecting the queues at the tills.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a decent level of service, no matter how inexpensive a store is. Nobody is looking for frills in Aldi, just an acceptable level of efficiency. If staff in Dunnes are chatting on the floor (although I've never seen this), it's not affecting the queues at the tills.

What gets me in both Aldi and Lidl is when they announce "Till no 4 is now closing , till no 1 is opening ". You feel like saying "Just swap over with the person on no 4 ffs!!".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

rushfan wrote: »
    What gets me in both Aldi and Lidl is when they announce "Till no 4 is now closing , till no 1 is opening ". You feel like saying "Just swap over with the person on no 4 ffs!!".

Any time I see that, the staff member seems to bring the cash box for that till with them. It looks to me like each staff member has a cash box assigned to them that they alone are responsible for, and when they go on breaks or end shifts, it might be the case that they must shut down the till and remove 'their' cash box.

In these circumstances, it might be more efficient for the new till at no 1 to be booted up with cashbox installed before or just as till 4 closes.

Just my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

rushfan wrote: »

They spend literally tens of millions on land and stores.

3 or 4 self service tills wouldn't put a very big dent in that and is all that's needed, that or a single express checkout with a human - open extra when needed like they do.

To be fair to them both (Aldi and Lidl) they are pretty efficient at opening more tills when queues start forming. The staff are there, just multitasking.

Mind you, when I worked in a retail, constantly being called to the tills used to drive me mad because you could never get what they asked done in time and were constantly jogging the length of the shop.

Advertisement