Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdraft processing time

Options
  • 06-11-2018 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi 

I applied for an overdraft using the app on Wednesday 24th October 
    On Wednesday 31st October, I got an email to say it had been approved and asking me to provide proof of ppsn, which I returned on the same day. 

The email said someone would review the document and apply the overdraft to my account. This has not been done yet. I sent an email to to the address that was used to contact me BOIoverdraftsales@boi.com asking when it was likely to be applied to my account and I've had no reply. It's almost 2 weeks now since I applied. This seems a crazy amount of time to have to wait for a €500 overdraft. I'm fairly sure that even my mortgage application was processed quicker than this :(

Can you please let me know who I need to contact now. Do I phone Banking 365? Do I phone my branch? 

Thanks 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

GeturGun wrote: »
    Hi 

On Wednesday 31st October, I got an email to say it had been approved and asking me to provide proof of ppsn, which I returned on the same day. 

The email said someone would review the document and apply the overdraft to my account. This has not been done yet. I sent an email to to the address that was used to contact me BOIoverdraftsales@boi.com asking when it was likely to be applied to my account and I've had no reply. It's almost 2 weeks now since I applied. This seems a crazy amount of time to have to wait for a €500 overdraft. I'm fairly sure that even my mortgage application was processed quicker than this :(

Can you please let me know who I need to contact now. Do I phone Banking 365? Do I phone my branch? 

Thanks 

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I'd ask you to first of all check the junk and spam folders within your email account as our emails can sometimes go into these folders automatically.
    If there is nothing in these folders I'd then ask you to call our lending section directly on 0818200334 (or 0035314044034 if you're abroad) and the advisers there will be happy to have a look into your application to see why you haven't been contacted yet.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

GeturGun wrote: »
    Hi 

Thanks 

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I'd ask you to first of all check the junk and spam folders within your email account as our emails can sometimes go into these folders automatically.
    If there is nothing in these folders I'd then ask you to call our lending section directly on 0818200334 (or 0035314044034 if you're abroad) and the advisers there will be happy to have a look into your application to see why you haven't been contacted yet.

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Many thanks for the quick reply Darren. 
    I had checked the spam and junk folders and nothing there. 
    Thanks a mil for the number, I will give them a call 

Anne 

Advertisement