Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free standing drawer unit for inside wardrobe

• 06-11-2018 5:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for a unit like the attached image that would sit inside a wardrobe. This image is from the Panelling Centre but they do not stock them anymore and their website is out of date.

Any idea where i might find something like this ?

I checked Ikea and it's only items made from material which is not what we are after.

Thanks for any info

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭Cerco

If you are handy and prepared to do some assembly then you should be able to buy drawers and runners from Ikea. Check out their flat pack self assembly wardrobe range and look specifically at the drawer options. Pretty sure you can buy these items separate from a full wardrobe as they are individually priced.

You will probably need to cut and fit some chipboard panels to make a frame.
    Check out the sizes available that best matches your wardrobe.

If you are not into diy then perhaps Bargain Town or B&Q might have something suitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Ted Plain

I bought those very drawers only a couple of weeks back. Have they stopped selling them? They were flatpack and actually pretty expensive for what they are, I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

grahamor wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking for a unit like the attached image that would sit inside a wardrobe. This image is from the Panelling Centre but they do not stock them anymore and their website is out of date.

Any idea where i might find something like this ?

I checked Ikea and it's only items made from material which is not what we are after.

Thanks for any info

The Ikea units look identical to the pic you attached and work well. Can't imagine them being made of a far lesser quality material than what was pictured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭Cerco

I understood the Op meant fabric when stating “material”. Did not think he was referring to chipboard quality. Perhaps I misunderstood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

Cerco wrote: »
    I understood the Op meant fabric when stating “material”. Did not think he was referring to chipboard quality. Perhaps I misunderstood.

Yes, I was referring to fabric as opposed to a specific type of material such as chipboard.

I will take a look at the Ikea ones, thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭frankled

Was looking to get the ikea ones but their sizes tend not to suit. Then discovered light oak drawer units for a 500mm wardrobe. That was a few months ago from The Panelling Centre. Easy to put together, but if they no longer do them that's a pity.

Ikea ones would be a cheap solution but I'd be careful with their sizes.

Advertisement