Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand slam of darts 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭statto25

I'm not gonna deny I'm a massive Anderson fan and I'm disappointed at the fact he rose to it but Jaysus you can't act like Price does on stage, you just can't. It shows complete disregard for your opponent and brings the game into disrepute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

dra will be all over this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Can’t condone Prices antics but he’s gone up in my estimation, fantastically combative and competitive.

Great stuff

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I don't ever remember someone getting booed during a prize presentation like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Pricey played some super darts. Ando needs to stop being so easily wound up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 Mick Shipman

Anderson is an awful narky man. Not happy when things aren't going his way.

Fair play to Price, did what he had to do.

Not a single fk given by Price in the interview in fairness :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭4Ad

NDWC wrote: »

He doesn't lack balls or confidence.
    Brilliant viewing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Have to a agree, Anderson coming across as a sore loser, took his trophy and cheque and ran..
    Price played the better darts, worthy winner

NDWC wrote: »

Yep he actually doubled down!

Fair play to him

Loved it.

The World Championships will be tasty.

TbL

• Advertisement

4Ad wrote: »
    He doesn't lack balls or confidence.
    Brilliant viewing...

He's entertaining I'll give him that

Sky loving this, you can be sure they'll be playing him up as the bad guy from now on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Did Ando shake his hand, if not he is a bigger wan5er than I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Did Ando shake his hand, if not he is a bigger wan5er than I thought.
    Don't think he had the opportunity to tbh.

why would he shake his hand?
    anderson left stage because he would have been interviewd and god knows what he would have said in heat of moment

Degag wrote: »
    Don't think he had the opportunity to tbh.

BS he had plenty of oppurtunities, he ran off stage immediately after both the match and presentation.

sc86 wrote: »
    why would he shake his hand?
    anderson left stage because he would have been interviewd and god knows what he would have said in heat of moment

Because he was beaten fair and square. Very poor if he didn't.

he doesnt really drink so doubt that

price is a tool

That match just might set him off on the Scotch :)

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Ando lost to the man he claimed was a lesser player than Clayton too. Gas stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Price is a knobhead.

Anderson should have been able to deal with it though.
    Usually when he gets angry he plays well but he gets easily rattled these days. Definitely getting more narky as he gets older.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Gary Anderson can be very tetchy.
    He's also ridiculously aggressive on the oche, and doesn't need to be stalking his opponent as they've finished throwing. that's not on, and he should be told to calm down.

But good Christ to fúck there are levels to this, and Gerwyn Price is a shíthouse. plain and simple.

celebrating every 140, never mind 180.
    giving it socks after every leg he wins.
    it's sad. it's pathetic. it's unsportsmanlike.
    Gary should deal with it better, but it doesn't make Price's behaviour in any way right.

i'll be honest, i only watched because it was the final. and it was a mistake. Price's games are fúcking unwatchable because he's so detestable. i didn't watch any Premier League match he was in, and I won't watch any match he's in at the Worlds, even if he miraculously makes the final. he's just a horrible little scrote.

honestly, if he's carrying on like that, i'd just whisper 'díckhead' every time he comes past me after his turn. every time. just whisper it. just enough that he can hear it.

• Advertisement

Because he was beaten fair and square. Very poor if he didn't.

if you were ando would you have shook his hand? doubt it
    i wouldnt - not sure about fair and square - on the board yes , but gamesmanship was brought to new level

i think some people are letting their dislike of ando cloud their judgement on what happened

that said , if i was price and i knew that was my only hope to win the game , id do the same no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Mardle was on last night about Ando entering the encroachment area too early.

The rule says 'a player's opponent must stand behind the tape encroachment line at the rear of the player at the oche (1.5m). A player standing inside this line while their opponent is playing a shot shall forfeit the next throw'.

You can't see from the camera angle but like a lot of fast players Ando was well inside the line but most likely only after Price had thrown his 3 darts so he has played his shot.

The rule is only loosely followed anyway as a lot of players aren't off the side of the oche when the players like Ando and MvG are throwing their first dart.

Refs tend to be slow to get involved but a word to Price not to be wasting time roaring and fist pumping every ton plus score wouldn't go astray. Other than that there is no harm in someone making a breakthrough into the top tier of the sport and putting the cat amongst the pigeons.

just to note, i have no problem with a new person making a splash. at all.

just not him.

he's conducive to me switching off the TV i'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I.like Ando but he was a tool , should have just played his game, stepped back and he would have won,he played prices game and lost, fare
    play price..

Gary just wants to 'play darts' bang bang bang, he needs to learn other players like to play differently.

it was nearly a carbon copy of mensur suljovic v ando in the champions league final last year
    only diff is mensur was doing what he always done , gary lost the plot and cost him the game

it was nearly a carbon copy of mensur suljovic v ando in the champions league final last year
    only diff is mensur was doing what he always done , gary lost the plot and cost him the game

and also, Suljovic isn't a scrote.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Gary Anderson can be very tetchy.
    He's also ridiculously aggressive on the oche, and doesn't need to be stalking his opponent as they've finished throwing. that's not on, and he should be told to calm down.

But good Christ to fúck there are levels to this, and Gerwyn Price is a shíthouse. plain and simple.

celebrating every 140, never mind 180.
    giving it socks after every leg he wins.
    it's sad. it's pathetic. it's unsportsmanlike.
    Gary should deal with it better, but it doesn't make Price's behaviour in any way right.

i'll be honest, i only watched because it was the final. and it was a mistake. Price's games are fúcking unwatchable because he's so detestable. i didn't watch any Premier League match he was in, and I won't watch any match he's in at the Worlds, even if he miraculously makes the final. he's just a horrible little scrote.

honestly, if he's carrying on like that, i'd just whisper 'díckhead' every time he comes past me after his turn. every time. just whisper it. just enough that he can hear it.

Disagree completely, I'll defo watch Price and see how opponents react. I'd say you could whisper what you liked to Price and he couldn't care less. The crowd were on his back and he fed off it.

I thought someone said Ando's wife was on about Price before any final.

It will liven it up a bit if nothing else. I will say one thing Price has really improved.

dont think hes improved , hes upped the antics
    1/4 final and final won by antics
    he has been solid last few months for sure
    97 average or whatever it is isnt setting the world alight by todays high standards

the other thing is, people are getting on Ando's back for not shaking his hand.

honestly, Price never once even looks in that direction anyway. he has zero interest. he has no respect for any of his opponents, and he seems to have little respect even for the likes of Russ Bray.

in the Whitlock QF, Price doesn't even look at Simon as Simon goes to congratulate him. he just touches his hand and looks past him.

Mensur is gracious in the SF, but you can see Price has no interest.

and as i said, in the final, he doesn't even look in Gary's direction once.

he's a tosser. if you're into that sort of thing, wanting a pantomime villain to wind everyone up, then great. but i need there to be something endearing about him to want to watch him. and there's nothing there for me. 'him getting better' isn't a reason to watch him IMO.

• Advertisement

i think long term this will **** him up with crowds etc , when things are not going so well
    paul nicolson tried to be the villan also years ago , won players championships , chatting crap about other players etc
    he said 1 day - tell taylor im comming for him!
    it ended up getting to him and it took him years to shake it
    i dont think price is as fragile mentally but you saw what the premier league done to him

Advertisement