Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AP1 interview questions

Options
  • 06-11-2018 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Anybody know of any links where I might find some sample type questions for AP1 post interview. Alternatively, has anybody here had such an interview recently and have any questions to share?

I have been studying “Looking at our school 2016” to get inspiration.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

Questions based on that and on your application.
    based on four domains.

examples
    What's your involvement in SSE?

What initiatives would you give to students? How would you integrate them into the running of the school? In middle-management what could you bring to the school? What skills as a teacher could you bring to management? Have you had to deal with resistance from a teacher? How did you deal with that? How did it change because of your strategy?
    What is wellbeing like as a staff member? How would you engage more with wellbeing for staff. What would you bring to it in your new role in middle management?

How would you bring a team of teachers along with you?

student council. how you'd cater for student voice.

wellbeing quest how promote among staff?

student conflict how deal with it and what you learnt from it?

school ethos and vision.
    give examples of what you have done.
    managing an organisation etc
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

I did mine last week. Was basically the looking at our schools document leadership section with a blank space beside each section. Interview was 40 minutes and it was intense but everything on it was asked. Needless to say as prepared as i was (and doing the job already for free for last 5 years) I didn't get it. Someone more senior with no input over the past few years did. Disheartened but know my place now I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭LaLa2004

pinkycharm - that is heartbreaking. I hope you take care of yourself and let this 'senior' person and the principal, who gave them the job, to get on with the task. Put your time into your classes and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

Pinkycharm wrote: »
    I did mine last week. Was basically the looking at our schools document leadership section with a blank space beside each section. Interview was 40 minutes and it was intense but everything on it was asked. Needless to say as prepared as i was (and doing the job already for free for last 5 years) I didn't get it. Someone more senior with no input over the past few years did. Disheartened but know my place now I suppose.

Sorry to hear that:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭doc_17

They also might ask about recent changes in legislation to see if you keep yourself informed. For example, what’s a mandated person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Icsics

Off topic, but I cannot wait for this whole post interview craic to finish up! Thought it was but more posts were advertised this week! Causing a lot of bad feeling in my school

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Icsics wrote: »
    Off topic, but I cannot wait for this whole post interview craic to finish up! Thought it was but more posts were advertised this week! Causing a lot of bad feeling in my school

Same as this!

More interviews are on this week in my school. It’s gone pretty toxic. Can’t wait for it to be over.

Advertisement