Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I maintain my Halloween results?

Options
  • 06-11-2018 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

My Halloween results are up (All HL). Just checked. I'm really happy. I'm in 5th year and I worked very hard for these. How can I maintain these results for Christmas?

Physics - 93
    Maths - 87
    English - 73
    Irish - 73
    Chemistry - 97
    Applied Maths - 90
    Biology - 97
    French - 82
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,507 ✭✭✭✭ted1

naxmax9 wrote: »
    My Halloween results are up. Just checked. I'm really happy. I'm in 5th year and I worked very hard for these. How can I maintain these results for Christmas?

Physics - 93
    Maths - 87
    English - 73
    Irish - 73
    Chemistry - 97
    Applied Maths - 90
    Biology - 97
    French - 82

Study and don’t burn out or peak to early.

Practice past papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

ted1 wrote: »
    Study and don’t burn out or peak too early.
    This.

Do your work, and for heavens sake calm down and stop panicking!! :p:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Guesswork

naxmax9 wrote: »
    My Halloween results are up (All HL). Just checked. I'm really happy. I'm in 5th year and I worked very hard for these. How can I maintain these results for Christmas?

Physics - 93
    Maths - 87
    English - 73
    Irish - 73
    Chemistry - 97
    Applied Maths - 90
    Biology - 97
    French - 82

Set yourself a study plan for each subject (what subject on what day, hours per day , what topics etc)

Give more hours per week to those subjects you tend to be weaker in

Keep doing past papers over and over

Find your ideal study method eg read out loud instead of in silence of write the text (I personally wouldn't as it too much but everyone is different)

Take a 5 minutes break every 45 min or whatever suits but as soon as you feel yourself losing interest or distracted take a 5-10 min break

Eat healthy, get daily exercise and sleep well (highly underrated by some people when it comes to study)

Turn off mobile phone or other possible distractions

Use additional study resources where required outside of text books and past papers eg
    Have a study buddy or online videos etc

Study in a quiet place

Ensure to ask questions in class of areas you don't 100% understand

If you have time,,,, help other students- friends. It's a great way of helping others, testing your own knowledge and revising at the same time

Be proud of what you know and achieved so far so don't be panicking your doing very well so believe it

GL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

naxmax, as has been pointed out to you numerous times on this forum (to little effect), you are panicking WAY too much. and your results show it!

rather than panicking about how to keep it up, why not accept that your study methods clearly work and you have nothing to worry about? i know there's that subconscious fear, maybe, of taking the foot off the pedal without realising, but i think all of the regular users here (moderators included) can safely say that you're doing plenty. keep up what you're doing, revise it when you need to (without burning out!), integrate study of old topics into new ones (quite doable with maths, languages etc as conceptual subjects).

you asked about christmas - i mean, what are you going to forget in half a term? in any case, those exams won't matter much. so just keep studying as you are (or maybe a little less..!) and relax. :)

Advertisement