Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for replacement Alarm

Options
  • 06-11-2018 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Currently have a wired alarm in the house for the last 14years. It's currently faulty and I am.going to take this opportunity to upgrade it.

Current alarm is an Airtech CS350
    1 X PIR
    5 X windows sensors
    2 X door sensors

Securigard are currently doing an offer of
    8 X sensors (5 windows 3 doors)
    1 X PIR

It's the only place I've look for a quote off as I've just started researching but was hoping someone could recommend something

Ideally I would.like to be able to integrate this with my smart home devices. GH, Amazon Alexa, IFTTT, Stringify etc to notify me if alarm is going off.

Any suggestions would be great. I live in the Celbridge/Leixlip/Maynooth area.

Thanks BobbyT28

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Also gonna ask over in the IOT thread for home automation etc.

https://touch.boards.ie/forum/1777

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi Bobby

Id the house pre-wired . If so the wiring is probably fine to reuse.
    Do you wish to replace all the sensors at the same time?

I would recommend GSD i1070 or Siemens SPC4320

Both offer wires & wireless hybrid systems with 2 way wireless should you want to add devices?
    Both offer self monitoring with apps that are free to download without tying yourself into annual or monthly fees.
    If you are looking at self monitoring via apps its well worth taking a look at the sticky here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057394782
    There is some hefty differences between some panels when it comes to polling & notifications.

Re Securigard. Do a search of this forum and judge for yourself.

Advertisement