Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bins Cork City

Options
  • 06-11-2018 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

There might be a thread on this before.

I am based in Cork City and I am wondering who are the best and the chepaist monthly bin service.

I have been pay as you go bins and there next to useless.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I have been pay as you go bins and there next to useless.

Could you please elaborate on this. I would only need a pick up every couple of months and was thinking of using some sort of service like this.
    Who did you try and what was the problem?

Sorry, but I can't help with your query.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Could you please elaborate on this. I would only need a pick up every couple of months and was thinking of using some sort of service like this.
    Who did you try and what was the problem?

Sorry, but I can't help with your query.

Friends of our used Kollect for a while as they live abroad so no need for a regular service. First issue was that you have to own your own wheelie bin (I think they can arrange something though) but generally they found it unreliable as they needed it by a certain date before they went back abroad and collection was very hit an miss.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

We pay €186 every 6 months to country clean. I honestly dont know if thats cheap or expensive.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

horgan_p wrote: »
    We pay €186 every 6 months to country clean. I honestly dont know if thats cheap or expensive.....

i didn't think there was much in between any of them, however I pay €22.50 / month with Greenstar so, €135 for 6 months. Only got that because I got a flyer from some other crown through the door & Greenstar matched it. That covers a 240l waste, 240l recycling, 120l glass & 120l compost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Italix

Afaik not all of them offer the same service, make sure you take that into account, I find the compost with Greenstar very handy and separate glass bin to, as mentioned above.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

+1 on the compost bin. It's a huge % of my waste by weight and it's good to see it getting turned into something useful!

We just have a small plastic caddy bin on the countertop and use a compostable liner bag. That goes out at least once a day, sometimes more if there's been a lot of cooking.

Find it works really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Got renewal from country clean. Price gone up to €335 for the year which includes a waste, recycling, compost and glass bin. Have checked out Wiser and they are virtually the same but they have lower allowance. Contacted Greenstar but they haven't bothered coming back yet. Rang them also and got a message saying their office was closed even though I rang during business hours at 3pm yesterday. The message said call back between 9am-6pm

Advertisement