Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sillan bus stops

Options
  • 06-11-2018 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭

Do Sillan buses stop anywhere else along the quays to pick up on the way to Navan? I was looking on their site and they only mention stop #407 which is directly outside of the Custom House. I was hoping to try and catch one further up towards the 3 Arena. Also, do these buses use the Port Tunnel?

Comments

chewed wrote: »
    Do Sillan buses stop anywhere else along the quays to pick up on the way to Navan? I was looking on their site and they only mention stop #407 which is directly outside of the Custom House. I was hoping to try and catch one further up towards the 3 Arena. Also, do these buses use the Port Tunnel?

No their last stop before the port tunnel is at the CHQ building outside the Epic Museum, I have to leg it from Drumcondra each evening, I could get the bus at the mater stop but takes much longer to get home. The port tunnel option is much better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

No their last stop before the port tunnel is at the CHQ building outside the Epic Museum, I have to leg it from Drumcondra each evening, I could get the bus at the mater stop but takes much longer to get home. The port tunnel option is much better

OK Thanks. On their timetable they list the stop as 00407 which is the one outside Custom House, so I'm glad I checked! I might start using the service as the NX 10 journey does not suit me as I don't work full weeks in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Is the Sillan bus service reliable?

Well from a personal point of view I have been travelling daily from Kingscourt for the past two years and have always found them very reliable, there was only one day back January that they didn't show up and that was because of heavy snow, but they had advised this on their facebook page ( I never checked )
    I think its a great service and the drivers are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lmarieloos

I find them quite reliable as in they always show up...never exactly on time though so I wouldnt rely on the timetable too much. I get the 7.20 bus from Dunshaughlin and I don't think its ever turned up at 7.20. Overall a good service but their customer service is a bit sassy when you contact them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

I find them very reliable, especially compared to Bus Eireann. Very rare that the bus is late leaving Navan and generally on time when leaving Dublin. Customer service wouldn't be great though if you have an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Barney224

Can someone tell me where exactly they pick up from on Nassau St? Is it opposite Kildare st? I might have to use this bus for a week and it would be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lmarieloos

Barney224 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me where exactly they pick up from on Nassau St? Is it opposite Kildare st? I might have to use this bus for a week and it would be handy.

different buses pickup at different times and also depends on if you are getting the bus which comes from UCD or not. The UCD (which go through Dunshaughlin) ones usually pull in opposite coffee angel on nassau street. I think the Navan ones pickup from further down the street more so opposite the Kilkenny shop

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Barney224

Thanks for the info

Advertisement