Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cell Towers

Options
  • 06-11-2018 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I’ve noticed cell towers been erected on the sides of rail lines with cellular attenae on top but when I check Comreg I see no listing could it be a cell tower that A not live yet B Comreg haven’t updated there database yet or C it’s a wireless internet provider or train to base communication. Similarly I’ve noticed antenna getting erected on a Vodafone monopole directly under Vodafone’s setup but no listing on Comreg

I’ve a fascination with cell towers and devices

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Siteviewer is often out of date. It could be the MNOs delaying notifying COMREG but I suspect its just COMREG not being that bothered to keep it up to date.

Irish Rail have directional antennas mounted parallel to the tracks which won't appear on Siteviewer.
    I’ve a fascination with cell towers and devices
    Then try
    https://Cellmapper.net/map

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Phillious fog

cheers for the info really appreciate that. One more question what are the antennas beside the rail tracks for are MVO infrastructure

Advertisement