Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No PIN for paying motor tax?

• 07-11-2018 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I got my tax renewal cert with no pin, want to pay online, but whatever pin I try number of the cert, motor number, chassis number, nothing works, I bought this car in august and its commercial, anyone knows, why it doesn't let me pay online, will I not get it taxed at all because I don't own a business, what can I do then, it is insured as a commercial for privat use, no probs there. would be great if somebody has an answer before I make a mistake when I have to walk in the tax office xxx

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Kolpe

Commercial, you need to get letter from revenue to tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Kolpe wrote: »

And a form stamped in the garda station iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Check up on the website of your local authority.
    There will be a list of the documentation they require to tax a commercial for the first time in your name.
    Different LAs have different requirements.
    Get all that together before you go to the office and it should go smoothly.

You will only have to do this once. Next year you can tax online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

Kolpe wrote: »

Is this new? It wasn't needed in 2016.

What was needed was a signed declaration that it would be used for business purposes and signed/stamped by a Garda.

This is just needed for the initial tax in your name. All renewals after that can be done online

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

You need you doe cert aswell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

You need you doe cert aswell

That's all automated now - no actual cert is required as it shows up on the tax system. But it must be in date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

If it's for private use, you'll be needing private tax on it as otherwise you'd have to declare it solely for commercial use to get commercial tax. (You won't be able to tax it at all if you haven't cvrt'd it yet). A visit to the motor tax people will sort it out

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stieldo

thanks a mill, I have this form here, and I found my tax number, but I don't have a business, should I put a fake business in there, or do I have to change, can I change a commercial to private tax at all

it is commercial taxed till this month

See my post above.

Best not to make a false declaration.

Yes you can change to private but bear in mind that the rate will be based on the cc of the engine. You will also continue to take it for CVRT rather than NCT.

• Advertisement

thank you, do I have to change from commercial to privat in motor tax office or do I have to send a letter to transportation office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You can't tax commercial vehicle without a valid DOE.

stieldo wrote: »
    thank you, do I have to change from commercial to privat in motor tax office or do I have to send a letter to transportation office

Just contact the Motor Tax office and they will sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭treascon

stieldo wrote: »
    I got my tax renewal cert with no pin, want to pay online, but whatever pin I try number of the cert, motor number, chassis number, nothing works, I bought this car in august and its commercial, anyone knows, why it doesn't let me pay online, will I not get it taxed at all because I don't own a business, what can I do then, it is insured as a commercial for privat use, no probs there. would be great if somebody has an answer before I make a mistake when I have to walk in the tax office xxx

How many seats in your vehicle?

Advertisement