Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus Cancellation EI589 September 19th Malaga / Dublin

Options
  • 07-11-2018 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    Question and opinion to anyone in the know or possibly passagers on this flight.

September 19th I was due to depart Malaga at 11pm , at 2am in the 20th the Airline announced that there was an issue with the flight, return to check in desk, collect baggage on the way.

Following another hour of waiting an Ibrea Rep informed us that our flight had been cancelled (this was 4 hours after scheduled departure)
    We were asked to wait at the airport because no hotels were available and when the desk opened the next morning we would be rebooked. Opened at 7am

All passengers slept on floors, at 10am the next morning after zero communication from Aerlingus we were sent to a near by accommodation and told to call Aerlingus to rebook our own flights. We were in the airport since 8:30pm previous day (13 hours)

We eventually were flown out 3 days later (next available seats on a flight to Dublin)

The airline claimed it was due to storm BUT all other airlines with Dublin departures left on time that evening, Aerlingus landed a Dublin flight into Malaga at 3am and returned it to Dublin but just left us there because of ‘staffing’ issues.

I made an application for compensation under EU261 but was told it was rejected due to the weather issue.
    I found out today several other passengers specifically our friends who we we were on holidays with have all received compensation under EU261.

What do you think of this? Are they chancing their arm to see who’s soft enough to take the weather excuse ?

I lodged a complaint with The Aviation Regular today.
    Opinions?

Advertisement