Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card refused, still charged.

Options
  • 07-11-2018 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Had an issue with my debit card last Friday where it was refused for different transactions yet still charged. I called up, using around 20 euro of my phone credit, and was told the transactions would drop off. However this doesn't seem to be the case, at least one appears to have processed. It was four separate transactions with three different retailers.

Id appreciate this money back quite quickly and would prefer not to have to call up again, as the charges were very high.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi,
    Had an issue with my debit card last Friday where it was refused for different transactions yet still charged. I called up, using around 20 euro of my phone credit, and was told the transactions would drop off. However this doesn't seem to be the case, at least one appears to have processed. It was four separate transactions with three different retailers.

Id appreciate this money back quite quickly and would prefer not to have to call up again, as the charges were very high.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

When something like this happens the funds should come back into your account automatically once the retailers bank processes them.
    It can take up to five working days for a Visa Debit card transaction to be fully processed. Please be assured that the amount would fall off your account as soon as we receive confirmation from the retailers bank.
    If any of the transactions are fully processed I'd then ask you contact the retailer as they would then have to manually refund the amounts.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement