Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking route from Central Park Luas to West Wood?

• 07-11-2018 3:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭

Google Maps gives a very long roundabout route taking 20 minutes to do the above.
    From looking at Google Earth it seems like it should be possible to make this a much shorter journey by walking through the Hospital grounds behind Microsoft but it's hard to tell if there is full pedestrian access.
    Anyone know if it's possible?
    I am fully aware of the irony in looking for a shorter walking journey to a gym, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭mmg0305

Yup. Across the tracks towards the hospital, there's a path through the trees that comes out at Fonua. From there, up the road in the business park to the top near Keywords/ Microsoft etc and there's pedestrian access to the racecourse/ Westwood.

This works fine during working hours. There is a gate near the hospital but I don't know when or if it is closed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Brilliant, thanks. I'd be using it around 630 so getting there should be fine, the getting back after 8 could be tricky perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭mmg0305

Dunno, I'd be surprised if the gate would be closed that early. One thing to be aware of, the layout of the path near the hospital changed a while back. When you cross the road at the hospital you will see a path straight in front of you and a metal railing. You need to follow the railing, i.e. head sort of to the right. Otherwise, you end up down near the entrance of the business park and further away from westwood.

Well I managed to get myself a little lost on the way there but was okay on the way back.
    I had hoped I'd be able to go through the Hospital and come out here
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.2654003,-6.1962946,3a,60y,270h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s55axDMOl84klHr9mkYdSSw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

But the Private Entry signs on Hospital entrance put me off and on the way back it was obvious there's now a blocked off section where the Nord Anglia Private School have set up since Google Street view last took photos there.
    https://www.nordangliaeducation.com/schools/dublin/international

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea that way is closed off now. Only way is via the forest, but I am not sure if the path actually goes the whole way through to the road where westwood is or if you have to trek through mud.

• Advertisement

I went through muck on the way there but on way back I went the right way. I'll try and do up a map later. Essentially you walk to Accenture building and then there's a pathway behind that that brings you through to McGurks/Racecourse.

Advertisement