Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5 mortice dead lock front : back door INSURANCE

• 07-11-2018 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

I have a timber hardwood front and back door.
    I cannot fit the locks that house insurance want to have it to their standard as black door has a lot of glass and the front has a long metal strip in the center that don’t allow mortice dead locks ..
    Anyone know of any alternative that satisfies the house insurance standard secure locks , as I cannot for them due to the way the doors were constructed

Thks

paddy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭massy086

I have a timber hardwood front and back door.
    I cannot fit the locks that house insurance want to have it to their standard as black door has a lot of glass and the front has a long metal strip in the center that don’t allow mortice dead locks ..
    Anyone know of any alternative that satisfies the house insurance standard secure locks , as I cannot for them due to the way the doors were constructed

Thks

paddy

Your door has a multipoint lock as all modern PVC and composite doors do. so this should be plenty sufficient for your insurance company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

massy086 wrote: »
    Your door has a multipoint lock as all modern PVC and composite doors do. so this should be plenty sufficient for your insurance company.

Ok thanks composite door? Is that a timber door? Can you recommend additional lock(s) quality assured for them by any chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,384 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Ok thanks composite door? Is that a timber door? Can you recommend additional lock(s) quality assured for them by any chance

No composite doors are made from non natural material like PVC, most doors nowadays would have the same locking system you have on your doors Paddy.

When you lock your door you are engaging multiple locks in different places at the same time. When you have the door open, lift up the handle and then turn the key as if to lock the door and you will see the locks protrude.

It might just be the case that you haven't explained this properly to the insurance company and they think you have an old fashioned door.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

No composite doors are made from non natural material like PVC, most doors nowadays would have the same locking system you have on your doors Paddy.

When you lock your door you are engaging multiple locks in different places at the same time. When you have the door open, lift up the handle and then turn the key as if to lock the door and you will see the locks protrude.

It might just be the case that you haven't explained this properly to the insurance company and they think you have an old fashioned door.

Got ya many thanks for taking the time to explain it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

If you haven't already done so, you could fit anti snap barrels to the locks

• Advertisement

If you haven't already done so, you could fit anti snap barrels to the locks

Yes indeed I will get snap cylinder for front door.
    The handle on the rear patio hard wood doors have a thumb handle inside and lock outside which is handy ,not sure what additional lock I can put there ...I want to add something though , thks

Yes indeed I will get snap cylinder for front door.
    The handle on the rear patio hard wood doors have a thumb handle inside and lock outside which is handy ,not sure what additional lock I can put there ...I want to add something though , thks

https://www.woodies.ie/tips-n-advice/how-to-install-a-patio-door-lock

Thanks hardwood timber though
    They would still work great in a timber door too

Advertisement