Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of Address

Options
  • 07-11-2018 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭

Hi BoI,

This question is on behalf of my girlfriend.

She is required to provide an Irish bank account to her employer in order to be paid - my Irish bank account wasn't accepted. She has never opened an Irish bank account (German citizen) but has a PPS no. as she has worked here since last year.

In our new place we just moved into, the gas bill will be put into her name but I am the sole name on the lease so currently she has no proof of address in order to provide supporting documentation to set up a bank account.

Is there any option for her to set up the BoI bank account?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi BoI,

She is required to provide an Irish bank account to her employer in order to be paid - my Irish bank account wasn't accepted. She has never opened an Irish bank account (German citizen) but has a PPS no. as she has worked here since last year.

In our new place we just moved into, the gas bill will be put into her name but I am the sole name on the lease so currently she has no proof of address in order to provide supporting documentation to set up a bank account.

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks getting in touch with us here.

We can accept a utilities bill (like a gas bill) as a proof of address when opening an account. Also as you have stated your girlfriend is working if she contacts the Revenue they may be able to issue a P21 to her and we can also accept this as a proof of address.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Hi BoI,

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks getting in touch with us here.

We can accept a utilities bill (like a gas bill) as a proof of address when opening an account. Also as you have stated your girlfriend is working if she contacts the Revenue they may be able to issue a P21 to her and we can also accept this as a proof of address.

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Great, thank you for the reply.

Advertisement