Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alexa and Nest

• 07-11-2018 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭

Evening guys.

I had one Nest in the kitchen that controlled the heating zone 1 and hot water. Alexa always controlled this without issue.
    Yesterday I got two more Nests installed. One in the Living Room and one in the Bedroom. Now Alexa won’t control any via voice commands.

When I ask her to set the temp in the Kitchen, she says “Kitchen doesn’t support that”.

When I ask her to turn on the heating, she says “I found 3 thermostats on this account”.

All Nests still work through the Alexa and Nest apps without issue, it’s only the voice is messed up.

I removed them from the Alexa app, and removed the skill, and she found 3 new devices when I reinstalled them.

Genuinely at a loss.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Soarer

Turns out technology is only as clever as the idiot using it.

I had routines set up for my lamps that were the same names as the thermostats.
    Renamed the routines, and everything's happy.

Lesson learned.

Advertisement