Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does S&S cover maternity leave?

• 08-11-2018 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

As above, a colleague is out on maternity. Substitute is difficult to find, I gather. I keep getting called to cover some of her classes each week. Is this covered under S&S?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Its a difficult one. S&S can be used to cover absences even if you could get a sub because you may not be able to get one. If a subject specific sub can't be found, there is money to pay a different sub while things get sorted. However maybe no one is available. Does seem foolish for the school management to be using up S&S for this though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

TheDriver wrote: »
    Its a difficult one. S&S can be used to cover absences even if you could get a sub because you may not be able to get one. If a subject specific sub can't be found, there is money to pay a different sub while things get sorted. However maybe no one is available. Does seem foolish for the school management to be using up S&S for this though.

If the school are allocated money for maternity substitution then really if you're doing it you should get the sub rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

As above, a colleague is out on maternity. Substitute is difficult to find, I gather. I keep getting called to cover some of her classes each week. Is this covered under S&S?

What part of the country are you in and what's her subject? Maybe theres someone on boards who might be available and willing.

Advertisement