Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activating a dormant BOI current account from outside of Ireland?

Options
  • 08-11-2018 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello there,

What is the procedure to activate a dormant current from outside of Ireland so I can make payments?

Living in CH for quite a while and talking to BOI helpdesk I learned that I need to send a written letter!?  to the branch where the account was opened but no other info if other additonal docs are needed.

Can some someone confirm if a letter is enough (I assume with the IBAN of the account info and request) or do I need to attach other docs as well?

Thanks,
    Sarsop

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Sarsop wrote: »
    Hello there,

What is the procedure to activate a dormant current from outside of Ireland so I can make payments?

Living in CH for quite a while and talking to BOI helpdesk I learned that I need to send a written letter!? to the branch where the account was opened but no other info if other additonal docs are needed.

Can some someone confirm if a letter is enough (I assume with the IBAN of the account info and request) or do I need to attach other docs as well?

Thanks,
    Sarsop

Hi Sarsop,

Thanks for the message.

We'd ask that you include a certified copy of your Passport and a proof of address with the letter of request. In the letter of request please include the account information, a signature and a contact phone number for yourself in case any follow up is needed.
    I've given a link here that you can use to get the full postal address of your Bank of Ireland branch.
    Thanks again and please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with here.
    Darren.

Advertisement