Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Procedure to cancel an old Meteor (now Eir) mobile broadband account?

• 08-11-2018 10:38am

Just wondering what is the procedure to cancel an old Meteor (now Eir) mobile broadband account? 

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Just wondering what is the procedure to cancel an old Meteor (now Eir) mobile broadband account? 

Thank you.
    Hi there 17-pdr

You can either cancel by calling 1901 or via written letter to:

Cancellations
    1 HSQ
    St. John's Road
    Dublin 8

-Kyle

eir: Kyle wrote: »

Thank you.
    Hi there 17-pdr

You can either cancel by calling 1901 or via written letter to:

Cancellations
    1 HSQ
    St. John's Road
    Dublin 8

-Kyle
    Thank you.

Is there a 30 day notice period for cancellation with this type of account?

Hi Kyle,

Using 1901 is not working for me.

As its an ex-Meteor account the automatic system is neither recognising the account number or phone number associated with this account. Is there any way to reach the cancellations team without having to enter this info?

Thanks.

Kyle,

I've sent you a PM.

Regards.

1901 doesn't deal with Eir mobile queries.

Rang 1905 (billpay) and got transferred through to cancellations. Got immediate cancellation of this account as I have another account with Eir, otherwise it would have been a 30 day notice period. Eir mobile can also be contacted on 1800303458.

• Advertisement

Kyle, I've sent you a further PM.

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi there,

I will follow this up with Kyle and ensure he gets back to you soon.

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi,

I can still login to my online account this morning where it is saying my next bill is due on 21 November. Can I get a confirmation that this account has been cancelled? I can PM account info to whoever is on duty today.

Thanks.

Hi,

I can still login to my online account this morning where it is saying my next bill is due on 21 November. Can I get a confirmation that this account has been cancelled? I can PM account info to whoever is on duty today.

Thanks.
    Happy to see you guys are back! Can someone confirm this please? I also got a small credit in my last bill. How is this returned? Via the DD facility or do you have to request payment by cheque, into your bank A/C etc?

Hi,

still getting eir bill notification emails from you. The account was closed around 12 November. The amount is for minus €1.51, so there is a small credit on the account still.

It seems the account is not fully closed if I am still getting these emails?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi,

still getting eir bill notification emails from you. The account was closed around 12 November. The amount is for minus €1.51, so there is a small credit on the account still.

Hi 17-pdr, 

Sorry to hear you are still receiving bill notifications. 

The minus €1.51 means that you are due a refund. 

If you could PM your account details I can request for this refund to be processed. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Hi,

Hi 17-pdr, 

If you could PM your account details I can request for this refund to be processed. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Grainne,

PM sent.

Regards.

Hi,

Hi 17-pdr, 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Grainne,

PM sent.

Regards.
    Hi 17-pdr, 

I have responded to your PM. 

Thanks,
    Grainne

Received yet another email notification and then a paper bill in the post for this account this morning. Instead of a credit of 1.51, I now have one of 3.02.

Can this account be closed properly please.

Received yet another email notification and then a paper bill in the post for this account this morning. Instead of a credit of 1.51, I now have one of 3.02.

Can this account be closed properly please.
    Hi 17-pdr, 

As I have advised to you in PM's your final bill will be issued on the 22nd February. 

I will be in contact with you in February once your account has been cancelled. 

Grainne

Grainne, there maybe a bit of confusion here.

This thread is in relation to an old Meteor (now Eir) mobile broadband account that was closed in the middle of November last year. Your last PM to me on this was dated 27 December.

Its not related to what we were discussing in the last few days I think. Those PM's were about about this thread which is in relation to my Eir Fibre landline broadband account which I am also in the process of cancelling at the moment.

Grainne, there maybe a bit of confusion here.

This thread is in relation to an old Meteor (now Eir) mobile broadband account that was closed in the middle of November last year. Your last PM to me on this was dated 27 December.

Its not related to what we were discussing in the last few days I think.  Those PM's were about about this thread which is in relation to my Eir Fibre landline broadband account which I am also in the process of cancelling at the moment.
    My apologies 17-pdr,

I will check this and get back to your PM.

Grainne

Thanks Grainne. I've replied to your PM.

Regards.

Thanks Grainne. I've replied to your PM.

Regards.
    Hi 17-pdr, 

I have updated you in PM's. 

As soon as I get a further update I will advise. 

Grainne

Advertisement